Ready to serve Pakistan after retirement, says Gen Raheel
ISLAMABAD - Chief of Army Staff General Raheel Sharif has vowed to serve the country even after his retirement due on November 29.
Talking to newsmen on Friday, he said that his decision was in the best interests of masses and country. He expressed he believed that Pakistani nation had decided to get rid of terrorism.
He reaffirmed that Pakistan would be terrorism free soon, as he was heading to Okara for a farewell visit.
The military chief has kicked off his farewell visits days before his retirement. Earlier, on Thursday, he met Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif at the PM house.
PM Nawaz paid rich tribute to the outgoing military head and lauded his professionalism and skills.
- Iran urges Saudi Arabia to work together to resolve problems10:09 PM | 22 Jan, 2020
- PIA detected 466 fake degree-holders in last 5 years09:45 PM | 22 Jan, 2020
- Pakistan on right track after tackling inherited economic woes, says ...08:37 PM | 22 Jan, 2020
- Naming Babar Azam as captain, PCB announces squad for T20 matches ...08:14 PM | 22 Jan, 2020
- China rejects US diplomat's 'negative propaganda' against CPEC ...08:01 PM | 22 Jan, 2020
- HBO Max orders royal family comedy ‘The Prince’02:55 PM | 22 Jan, 2020
- Mahira Khan asks Shireen Mazari for an update on the Zainab bill02:39 PM | 22 Jan, 2020
- HUM Style Awards 2020 nominations are out02:11 PM | 22 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019