Kamyab Jawan sees overwhelming response within first week
ISLAMABAD - Special Assistant to the Prime Minister on Youth Affairs Usman Dar on Friday said that the Prime Minister’s Kamyab Jawan Program received around 433,149 loan applications within a week of its launch.
He said that an overwhelming response was received by the Youth Entrepreneurship Scheme (YES) across the country.
"Around 433,149 loan applications have been received online within a week under the scheme," said Usman Dar.
In appreciation of the successful launch, Usman Dar along with Chairman National Assembly Standing Committee of Finance Asad Umar chaired a thanksgiving meeting with the heads of participating bodies and his team members.
Addressing the meeting, Usman Dar said, "Historic reception to the scheme has been given by the youth across Pakistan. 86 percent of the applicants are male, whereas 14 percent females have applied for the scheme."
"77 per cent of the applicants are from Punjab, 11 per cent from KPK, 7 percent from Sindh, 2 per cent from ICT, and 1 per cent each from Balochistan, AJK, and GB.
Around 44 per cent of the loan applicants belong to the age cohort of 22-30."
- Govt to spend more than Rs30b on higher education this year, says ...11:57 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Youth-led projects showcased in Student Leaders Conference08:41 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Infinix, CarlCare join hands with M&P to provide unmatched after-sale ...08:26 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Mehwish Hayat says Pervez Musharraf deserves a chance to be heard02:30 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Kate Middleton thanks Maheen Khan with sweet note02:06 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Humayun Saeed shares an all smile picture with brothers01:39 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019
- Azadi March: Chaudhry brothers active for compromise talks as Fazl ...12:08 AM | 5 Nov, 2019
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019