Eman Ahmed, once world's heaviest woman, passes away in Abu Dhabi
The 37-year-old woman died due to numerous co-morbid conditions including heart disease and kidney dysfunction.
According to doctors, the Egyptian national who initially weighed around 500 kilograms when she arrived in Mumbai in February was quickly recovering.
She left Mumbai hospital with a weight near 300 kgs to pursue further treatment in UAE in May.
She was under the supervision of the team of 20 doctors from different specialities who put her on a special liquid diet to reduce her weight enough for bariatric surgery.
Ms Ahmed's sister had alleged that her treatment in Mumbai was not satisfactory. She also claimed in a secretly filmed video that the doctors were using her sister for publicity. Doctors, however, dismissed the allegations as "complete hogwash".
Dr Lakdawala, who supervised her treatment at the Saifee hospital, said the hospital did not charge "a single penny" from Eman's family.
According to Saifee authorities, Ms Ahmed's treatment cost around Rs. 3 crore, of which around Rs. 65 lakh was donated by various people.
- Gold price jumps Rs700 per tola in Pakistan10:22 PM | 20 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan revises up 2020-21 economic growth rate at 5.37%09:50 PM | 20 Jan, 2022
- U19 World Cup: Pakistan set 240-run target for Afghanistan08:46 PM | 20 Jan, 2022
- ‘Bismillah’ – Sharmila Faruqui files cybercrime complaint ...06:49 PM | 20 Jan, 2022
- 'Kana Yaari' – Coke Studio's hijabi rapper Eva B wins hearts07:31 PM | 20 Jan, 2022
- Who has scored most runs in Pakistan Super League? Here’s list of ...01:52 PM | 15 Jan, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in world's most powerful passport list in ...11:27 AM | 13 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan’s Top News Moments of 202110:47 PM | 31 Dec, 2021
- Famous Figures We Lost in 202107:03 PM | 31 Dec, 2021