Terror tapers off as tourist arrivals surge by 30% in Pakistan
According to Pakistan Tourism Development Corporation (PTDC), domestic travellers have been increased by 30%, while Jovago, the top hotel booking and e-commerce site in Pakistan, claimed hotel bookings increased by 80-90% percent in 2017.
According to Jovago, over the past few years, Pakistan has seen a rapid increase in its tourism industry. A lot of credit, for which, goes to the internet and publicity. It has immensely contributed towards the development and growth of the tourism industry in Pakistan.
World Travel and Tourism Council (WTTC) puts the total contribution of tourism to Pakistan’s economy at $19.4 billion last year or 6.9 percent of the gross domestic product. In a decade, the WTTC expects that to rise to $36.1 billion.
The PTDC and the University of Management and Technology (UMT) Lahore signed a MoU for the sponsorship of PTDC’s publicity material including banners, website, seminars and conferences. Products and service of PTDC will also be promoted through social media, added Ghafoor.
- Burj Khalifa turns white and green to mark Pakistan’s Independence ...11:23 PM | 14 Aug, 2022
- Taliban welcome Indian decision to return embassy staff to Kabul10:49 PM | 14 Aug, 2022
- In Independence Day message, Blinken calls for further strengthening ...10:28 PM | 14 Aug, 2022
- One died, scores injured in Karachi during celebratory gunfire on ...09:12 PM | 14 Aug, 2022
- Much awaited trailer of 'The Legend of Maula Jatt' FINALLY released08:45 PM | 14 Aug, 2022
- Celebs celebrate Pakistan’s Independence Day07:39 PM | 14 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani celebrities who are performing Hajj 202210:16 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Films releasing in Pakistan on Eidul Adha 202211:51 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022