Terror tapers off as tourist arrivals surge by 30% in Pakistan
According to Pakistan Tourism Development Corporation (PTDC), domestic travellers have been increased by 30%, while Jovago, the top hotel booking and e-commerce site in Pakistan, claimed hotel bookings increased by 80-90% percent in 2017.
According to Jovago, over the past few years, Pakistan has seen a rapid increase in its tourism industry. A lot of credit, for which, goes to the internet and publicity. It has immensely contributed towards the development and growth of the tourism industry in Pakistan.
World Travel and Tourism Council (WTTC) puts the total contribution of tourism to Pakistan’s economy at $19.4 billion last year or 6.9 percent of the gross domestic product. In a decade, the WTTC expects that to rise to $36.1 billion.
The PTDC and the University of Management and Technology (UMT) Lahore signed a MoU for the sponsorship of PTDC’s publicity material including banners, website, seminars and conferences. Products and service of PTDC will also be promoted through social media, added Ghafoor.
- Haider Ali hospitalised after viral illness10:32 PM | 1 Oct, 2022
- PM Shehbaz felicitates Chinese leadership on National Day10:00 PM | 1 Oct, 2022
- Pakistani UN peacekeeper martyred in Central Africa09:46 PM | 1 Oct, 2022
- Iran’s key intelligence official killed in clashes with protesters09:06 PM | 1 Oct, 2022
- Bollywood actress Rani Mukerji set to release her autobiography04:48 PM | 1 Oct, 2022
- Tajikistan singer Abdu Rozik is the first contestant of Bigg Boss 1607:08 PM | 1 Oct, 2022
- Teaser revealed for Wasim Akram, Fawad Khan-starrer 'Money Back ...08:48 PM | 1 Oct, 2022
- Pakistan, India lose ranking on UN’s human development index07:32 PM | 10 Sep, 2022
- Movies lineup for 2022-23 in Pakistan08:01 PM | 1 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani passport ranked 4th worst on list of 19911:59 PM | 23 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022