PM Imran addresses 2nd BRF in Beijing, puts forward five points to expand BRI
BEIJING - Prime Minister Imran Khan has called for joint efforts towards addressing impediments on the way to sustainable growth, the Radio Pakistan reported.
Addressing the 2nd Belt and Road Forum in Beijing today, he put forward five points to further expand the Belt and Road Initiative (BRI).
The prime minister said we must undertake joint efforts to mitigate the adverse impact of climate change, establish BRI tourism corridors to promote people to people and intercultural understanding, anti-corruption office, poverty alleviation fund and concerted efforts to further liberalize trade and investment flows encouraging the private sector and businesses to collaborate in projects.
The premier said that BRI offers a model of collaboration, partnership, connectivity and shared prosperity. The presence of so many leaders today is the proof that we choose hope over despair and cooperation over confrontation.
Imran Khan said Pakistan is amongst BRI 's earliest and most enthusiastic proponents. He said that CPEC-one of BRI 's major components- has made substantial progress. He said it has addressed our energy and infrastructure gaps. He said Gwadar once a small fishing village is transforming rapidly into a commercial hub.
PM Imran lands in China for BRI-focused trip 10:56 PM | 25 Apr, 2019
BEIJING - Prime Minister Imran Khan arrived in China on a four-day official visit on Thursday to attend the second Belt ...
The Prime Minister said that Pakistan and China are entering the next phase of CPEC with focus on socio-economic uplift, poverty alleviation, agricultural cooperation and industrial development. We are expanding the frontiers of knowledge through deeper cooperation in the fields of education, innovation and technology. Along the length of CPEC , special economic zones to be set up. He said both the countries are signing the second phase of the Free Trade Agreement to further bolster our trade and economic relations.
Imran Khan said we are changing the economic landscape of Pakistan and the destiny of its people. He thanked China and its leadership for extending unwavering support to Pakistan . He said our relations remain strong and unbreakable standing tall in the face of any challenge.
Prime Minister Imran Khan also invited the international investors to make use of Pakistan 's liberal investment regime and participate in the country's economy especially in the sectors of infrastructure, railways, dams, Information Technology and Manufacturing.
- PCB to refund match tickets12:13 AM | 28 Jan, 2020
- PM Imran for precautionary measures, strategy to tackle Coronavirus ...11:55 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- Bangladeshi journalists find Pakistan safe for cricket; praise ...11:52 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- Carrefour Pakistan supports 50 deserving families in Lahore07:10 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- Deal of the Century? Palestine rejects Trump's proposed Middle East ...06:57 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- Khalil ur Rehman's Meray Paas tum Ho trends worldwide on Twitter12:47 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- Bambi is next up for Disney ‘Live-Action’ remake12:32 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- Here’s everything that happened at the 4th Hum Style Awards12:25 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019