What is National Command Authority, and why PM Imran has called its meeting after Indian incursion into Pakistan?
Foreign Minister Shah Mehmood Qureshi confirmed that the top security-related body would meet in the backdrop of violation of Line of Control by the Indian air force (IAF).
Pakistan will respond to Indian aggression at ... 03:34 PM | 26 Feb, 2019
ISLAMABAD – A meeting of the National Security Council (NSC) with top civil and military leadership in attendance ...
The violation stirred a series of high-level meetings in Pakistan as Prime Minister Imran Khan presided over a meeting of National Security Committee which categorically clarified that Pakistan will respond to Indian aggression at time and place of its choosing.
The NSC meeting, chaired by the premier in the wake of India’s violation of the Line of Control (LoC), was attended by the top civil and military leadership, including Army Chief General Qamar Jawed Bajwa and ministers of defence and foreign affairs.
The committee, according to a statement read out by Foreign Minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi in a press conference in Islamabad, “strongly rejected Indian claim of targeting an alleged terrorist camp near Balakot as well as the claim of heavy casualties”.
National Command Authority
NCA is the apex civilian-led command to oversee the employment, policy formulation, exercises, deployment, research and development, and operational command and control of Pakistan's nuclear arsenals.
The NCA - presided over by the prime minister - comprises an Employment Control Committee and a Development Control Committee, as well as the Strategic Plans Division which acts as its Secretariat; it takes a detailed review of the Nuclear Security Regime.
The meeting is generally attended by the Federal Ministers of Defence and Interior, Chairman JSC, Chief of Army Staff, Chief of Naval Staff, Chief of Air Staff, Director General Strategic Plans Division, Director General Inter Services Intelligence, Secretary Foreign Affairs and other senior officials.
The convening of 'extraordinary' meeting of NCA confirms that Pakistan is gearing up for a befitting response to any misadventure by India which is continuously whipping up war hysteria in the wake of Pulwama attack.
Indian jets tried to violate Pakistani airspace ... 10:25 PM | 26 Feb, 2019
RAWALPINDI – Maj Gen Asif Ghafoor, the director general (DG) of Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR) on Tuesday ...
“There is a joint session of parliament and then the prime minister has summoned a meeting of the National Command Authority. I hope you know what the NCA means and what it constitutes,” Ghafoor added in his press conference on Tuesday.
Wednesday's meeting would be the first one to be chaired by Prime Minister Imran Khan since he assumed office in July last year.
- Setting a new standard for smartphones in our changing world11:32 PM | 21 Jan, 2022
- Man gets dumped a month after donating kidney to girlfriend’s mother10:59 PM | 21 Jan, 2022
- Gold price drops slightly in Pakistan10:23 PM | 21 Jan, 2022
- COAS Bajwa reiterates resolve to fight against terrorism09:51 PM | 21 Jan, 2022
- FBR imposes 17% sales tax on bakeries, restaurant and caterers09:20 PM | 21 Jan, 2022
- Pakistani celebrities condemn tragic Lahore blast04:49 PM | 21 Jan, 2022
- Why did Princess Diana express interest in interfaith marriage and ...07:13 PM | 21 Jan, 2022
- 11 Pakistani films to be screened at Dubai Expo Film Festival05:14 PM | 21 Jan, 2022
- Who has scored most runs in Pakistan Super League? Here’s list of ...01:52 PM | 15 Jan, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in world's most powerful passport list in ...11:27 AM | 13 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan’s Top News Moments of 202110:47 PM | 31 Dec, 2021
- Famous Figures We Lost in 202107:03 PM | 31 Dec, 2021