AIOU upgrades scholarship scheme to support deserving students
ISLAMABAD - Allama Iqbal Open University (AIOU) has upgraded its scholarship (fee waiver) scheme, to ensure that the maximum number of deserving students benefit from it.
A considerable increment has been made in the annual budget for this purpose while expanding the scope of the scholarships, said Director Students’ affairs.
The desiring students could avail of the incentive during the ongoing admissions through the regional office of their respective areas.
The university provides special scholarships to its enrolled students on securing 75 percent or above marks in their latest examination.
Other scholarship schemes being offered by the university include Earn to Learn scheme, Outreach Scholarship Scheme, Final Year Project Grant Scheme, Scholarship for Communities, Scholarship for Women and Alumni-Sponsored Scholarship, he added.
The university had extended fee concession to record a number of students in the recent year to promote its policy of ensuring education to all.
The number of beneficiaries having fee concession under the university’s scholarship schemes was 20,466 in the financial year of 2018-19, which is a record in the history of AIOU.
In the corresponding period, the number of beneficiaries was 19, 226, he added.
- IMF predicts recovery in Pakistan's economy during 202112:12 AM | 11 Jul, 2020
- Pakistan surpasses 245,000 cases of coronavirus – 5,105 confirmed ...11:08 PM | 10 Jul, 2020
- School of Tomorrow – The world’s premier schools & societies ...10:11 PM | 10 Jul, 2020
- PM Imran intervenes as PIA suffers setbacks over license scandal09:53 PM | 10 Jul, 2020
- Punjab’s youngest MPA Sania Ashiq tests positive for coronavirus08:53 PM | 10 Jul, 2020
- Actress Naya Rivera presumed dead after disappearance on boat trip ...01:41 PM | 10 Jul, 2020
- Meghan Markle, Priyanka Chopra, Michelle Obama to speak at UN's ...11:55 AM | 10 Jul, 2020
- I will not no longer do item songs in films: Sadaf Sabzwari11:45 AM | 10 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020