Chotu gang leaders sentenced to 298 years in prison
DERA GHAZI KHAN - The leader of notorious Chotu Gang, Ghulam Rasool alias Chotu was sentenced to 298-years behind bars by an anti-terrorism court (ATC) in Dera Ghazi Khan.
Rasool was awarded the sentence on Thursday for killing two policemen in 2011; the other gangsters who have been convicted by the court were identified as Sher Khan and Ghulam Rasool Kahu.
Ghulam Rasool Kahu was awarded 308 years in prison.
The court also imposed Rs200,000 fine on each of the convicts and ordered them to submit the fine.
The orders came months after at least 20 gangsters, including those affiliated with infamous Chotu gang, were awarded death sentence by the ATC Multan on charges of killing six policemen in Rajanpur.
Chotu gang members among 20 handed death sentence 08:05 PM | 12 Mar, 2019
MULTAN - An anti-terrorism court on Tuesday awarded death sentence on 18 counts to 20 gangsters including members of ...
The police teams, however, came under attack from the criminals, in which six policemen were martyred and another eight were injured. Twenty-four other policemen were taken hostage by these gangsters. However, they were released by the criminals after nine days, court officials told APP.
- Pakistan surpasses 240,000 cases of coronavirus – 4,983 confirmed ...04:23 PM | 9 Jul, 2020
- Madar-e-Millat Fatima Jinnah remembered on death anniversary03:51 PM | 9 Jul, 2020
- PM Imran opens Islamabad infectious diseases hospital built in just ...02:53 PM | 9 Jul, 2020
- Celebrate Eid-ul-Azha with simplicity amid COVID-19 crisis, PM Imran ...02:24 PM | 9 Jul, 2020
- Asim Azhar's 'Jo Tu Na Mila' is a copy of Studio Ghibli production's ...02:04 PM | 9 Jul, 2020
- Veteran Bollywood actor Jagdeep dies at 8101:31 PM | 9 Jul, 2020
- Beyonce is an Italian, not African-American, US politician claims01:24 PM | 9 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020