Nine killed when a sightseeing plane crashed in Alaska
"There are no survivors," said Promech Air, the plane's operator.
The plane was on a shore excursion, sold through Holland America Line. A private helicopter pilot reported seeing the plane's wreckage against a granite rock, 800 feet above the lake, CNN reported.
"We are incredibly distressed by this situation, and our thoughts and prayers are with those on board the plane and their families," Holland America said.
The eight passengers were from the MS Westerdam, which left Seattle on Saturday for a seven-day round-trip cruise.
Promech Air said the names of the victims will be withheld until family members are notified.
Authorities haven't determined why the plane went down.
- Pakistan FM discusses Palestine issue with Chinese counterpart amid ...10:42 PM | 15 May, 2021
- UAE’s Etihad, flydubai airlines cancel flights to Israel amid ...09:23 PM | 15 May, 2021
- KP IG’s brother dies in Larkana road accident08:37 PM | 15 May, 2021
- Israel destroys another Gaza building housing offices of Al Jazeera, ...07:52 PM | 15 May, 2021
- Bollywood diva Madhuri Dixit turns 5404:47 PM | 15 May, 2021
- Here's what your favourite stars wore on Eid-ul-Fitr11:51 AM | 15 May, 2021
- ‘Uncle Sargam’ — Renowned columnist, TV artist Farooq Qaiser ...09:19 PM | 14 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021
- 10 Tips for Success during the Last Ashra of Ramadan08:26 PM | 7 May, 2021
- Stars who have insured their body parts07:06 PM | 4 May, 2021
- Best-dressed Stars at Oscars Red Carpet 202105:52 PM | 2 May, 2021