First day of women driving in Saudi Arabia, did a woman actually crash her car?
A video of the deadly road mishap went viral on social media, showing a car that appears to be impaled on rods of a metallic roadside barrier, with a claim that the vehicle was driven by a female.
The controversy comes as the Saudi government scraped decades-long ban on women drivers.
Saudi Arabia ends decades-old driving ban on women 11:53 AM | 24 Jun, 2018
RIYADH - Saudi women are officially allowed to drive from Sunday, after a decades-old driving ban was lifted. The ...
The lifting of the ban, which follows a sweeping crackdown on women activists, is part of Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman’s reform drive to modernise the country.
However, security forces sharing details of the incident clarified that the vehicle was being driven by a male.
A Tabuk-based Red Crescent spokesperson said, "The operations room received a tip off that a 30-year-old man had an accident in Tabuk area. He was transferred to King Khalid hospital and is now in stable condition."
- Results 2021: FBISE decides not to fail any student of Class 10, 1211:45 PM | 22 Sep, 2021
- Play cricket aggressively, PM Imran advises Pakistan team ahead of ...10:55 PM | 22 Sep, 2021
- Girls’ school damaged in explosion in KP’s Tank10:14 PM | 22 Sep, 2021
- Kaliwal Zalmi League’s knockout phase begins tomorrow09:58 PM | 22 Sep, 2021
- COAS Bajwa inaugurates state of the art 'Centre of Integrated Air ...09:35 PM | 22 Sep, 2021
- Aamina Sheikh and husband Omar Farooqui welcome a baby boy06:20 PM | 22 Sep, 2021
- Hania Amir and Ali Rehman Khan's video of jamming together wins hearts05:00 PM | 22 Sep, 2021
- Is Sarah Khan expecting a baby girl?04:47 PM | 22 Sep, 2021