First day of women driving in Saudi Arabia, did a woman actually crash her car?
A video of the deadly road mishap went viral on social media, showing a car that appears to be impaled on rods of a metallic roadside barrier, with a claim that the vehicle was driven by a female.
The controversy comes as the Saudi government scraped decades-long ban on women drivers.
Saudi Arabia ends decades-old driving ban on women 11:53 AM | 24 Jun, 2018
RIYADH - Saudi women are officially allowed to drive from Sunday, after a decades-old driving ban was lifted. The ...
The lifting of the ban, which follows a sweeping crackdown on women activists, is part of Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman’s reform drive to modernise the country.
However, security forces sharing details of the incident clarified that the vehicle was being driven by a male.
A Tabuk-based Red Crescent spokesperson said, "The operations room received a tip off that a 30-year-old man had an accident in Tabuk area. He was transferred to King Khalid hospital and is now in stable condition."
- Arab Parliament speaker arrives in Pakistan on first visit to boost ...10:09 PM | 1 Aug, 2021
- Three women’s seats add to PTI’s strength in AJK assembly09:10 PM | 1 Aug, 2021
- PAKvWI: West Indies win toss, opt to bat first in 3rd T20 against ...08:20 PM | 1 Aug, 2021
- KP doctor alleges harassment by MS of Charsadda DHQ (VIDEO)07:50 PM | 1 Aug, 2021
- Noor Mukadam’s killer won’t escape justice, PM Khan assures nation07:21 PM | 1 Aug, 2021
- Mustafa Qureshi, wife Rubina Qureshi test positive for coronavirus04:47 PM | 1 Aug, 2021
- Alizeh Shah’s flying kiss video in bold dress goes viral04:21 PM | 1 Aug, 2021
- Katrina Kaif wins over internet with superb dance moves (VIDEO)02:40 PM | 1 Aug, 2021
- Stars who used apps to find love08:02 PM | 24 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021