263 coins and 100 nails found in man’s stomach
Maksood Ahamad Khan, 35, was admitted to hospital with abdominal pains and doctors performed an endoscopy to investigate the cause.
Surgeons at Sanjay Gandhi Hospital in Madhya Pradesh’s Satna district immediately operated and removed 7kg of foreign objects, the India.com reported.
According to the doctors, Khan worked as a three-wheeler driver and would often swallow coins given to him by customers. He had been complaining of stomach pains for three months.
Relatives say he had slipped into a depression and might have got hooked on eating metal objects.
Amazingly, the coins and nails never caused any pain or problem initially.
Khan is now out of danger and has vowed not to ingest any of the objects again.
In 2015, a similar case was reported Bathinda where doctors removed 40 coins, 150 nails and a handful of nuts, bolts and batteries from the stomach of a 34-year-old man.
- This Asian country is set to reopen mosques after 9-month ...10:40 PM | 21 Jan, 2021
- Biden picks two Kashmiri-American women for top positions at White ...10:13 PM | 21 Jan, 2021
- Another Gomal University professor dismissed over sexual harassment09:59 PM | 21 Jan, 2021
- Ex-judge to head Pakistan probe into Broadsheet case09:21 PM | 21 Jan, 2021
- Bollywood remembers Sushant Singh Rajput on birth anniversary05:21 PM | 21 Jan, 2021
- Wedding festivities kick in for Bakhtawar-Mahmood as groom lands in ...04:36 PM | 21 Jan, 2021
- Netflix crosses 200 million subscribers06:39 PM | 21 Jan, 2021
- Here's how world leaders responded to Biden's inauguration as POTUS07:24 PM | 21 Jan, 2021
- Stars who turned down plastic surgery07:32 PM | 17 Jan, 2021
- Stars who dated in the past11:38 PM | 5 Jan, 2021
- COVID-19 – How many vaccine doses Pakistan and neighbouring ...08:34 PM | 5 Jan, 2021