263 coins and 100 nails found in man’s stomach
Maksood Ahamad Khan, 35, was admitted to hospital with abdominal pains and doctors performed an endoscopy to investigate the cause.
Surgeons at Sanjay Gandhi Hospital in Madhya Pradesh’s Satna district immediately operated and removed 7kg of foreign objects, the India.com reported.
According to the doctors, Khan worked as a three-wheeler driver and would often swallow coins given to him by customers. He had been complaining of stomach pains for three months.
Relatives say he had slipped into a depression and might have got hooked on eating metal objects.
Amazingly, the coins and nails never caused any pain or problem initially.
Khan is now out of danger and has vowed not to ingest any of the objects again.
In 2015, a similar case was reported Bathinda where doctors removed 40 coins, 150 nails and a handful of nuts, bolts and batteries from the stomach of a 34-year-old man.
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...09:08 AM | 2 Dec, 2021
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 02 December 202108:39 AM | 2 Dec, 2021
- Pakistan proclaims new law to protect rights of journalists10:57 PM | 1 Dec, 2021
- Lt Gen Sarfraz Ali formally installed as Colonel Commandant of Azad ...09:07 PM | 1 Dec, 2021
- British lawmakers laud Pakistan’s role in Afghanistan peace process08:29 PM | 1 Dec, 2021
- Aijaz Aslam's father passes away07:04 PM | 1 Dec, 2021
- Sarah Khan and Falak Shabir's new romantic video goes viral05:23 PM | 1 Dec, 2021
- Syra Yousuf spills the beans about co-parenting and divorce06:29 PM | 1 Dec, 2021