One dead and dozens injured after enraged protesters stage sit-ins across Pakistan against Islamabad operation
Protests are being held in Sindh, Punjab and Khyber Pakhtunkhwa. Due to protests, Traffic jams were seen in many cities, resulting in the commuters and ambulances being stuck for hours.
Protesters also faced off with security forces in Multan, Sialkot, Bahawalpur, Jehlum, Rahim Yar Khan, Hafizabad and other cities. In these face-offs, one person was reported dead and seven were reported injured when protesters attacked a police station in Hafizabad.
In another face-off, in Gujranwala, two policemen were injured.
In Lahore, events took an ugly turn, when protestors blocked major roads such Mall road, railway tracks and set a vehicle on fire at Shahdara Chowk, on Saturday. The major roads remain blocked today.
Manshera, Swat, Mardan in KP as well as Mirpur Azad were also affected by sit-ins.
In Karachi, there were several encounters between security forces and enraged protestors. At least 30 people were reported injured in different areas of Karachi. The road going towards the airport has been blocked by the protestors.
The protests across the country continue today.
- Vernon Philander pens heartfelt good-bye message for Pakistan team10:56 PM | 30 Nov, 2021
- Petroleum prices in Pakistan to remain unchanged in December10:19 PM | 30 Nov, 2021
- Pakistan President filled with remorse for using Governor House as ...09:02 PM | 30 Nov, 2021
- Karachi University declares BCom Part II Annual Exams 2020 result ...08:40 PM | 30 Nov, 2021
- Indian actress Ameesha Patel booked in cheque bounce case06:39 PM | 30 Nov, 2021
- Mahira Khan receives flak for glorifying emotionally abusive ...04:06 PM | 30 Nov, 2021
- Deepika Padukone stuns in a gorgeous saree by Pakistani designer04:58 PM | 30 Nov, 2021