One dead and dozens injured after enraged protesters stage sit-ins across Pakistan against Islamabad operation
Protests are being held in Sindh, Punjab and Khyber Pakhtunkhwa. Due to protests, Traffic jams were seen in many cities, resulting in the commuters and ambulances being stuck for hours.
Protesters also faced off with security forces in Multan, Sialkot, Bahawalpur, Jehlum, Rahim Yar Khan, Hafizabad and other cities. In these face-offs, one person was reported dead and seven were reported injured when protesters attacked a police station in Hafizabad.
In another face-off, in Gujranwala, two policemen were injured.
In Lahore, events took an ugly turn, when protestors blocked major roads such Mall road, railway tracks and set a vehicle on fire at Shahdara Chowk, on Saturday. The major roads remain blocked today.
Manshera, Swat, Mardan in KP as well as Mirpur Azad were also affected by sit-ins.
In Karachi, there were several encounters between security forces and enraged protestors. At least 30 people were reported injured in different areas of Karachi. The road going towards the airport has been blocked by the protestors.
The protests across the country continue today.
- Pakistan reopens shrines, cinemas for fully vaccinated visitors08:20 PM | 15 Oct, 2021
- Indian cricket chief invites PCB head Ramiz Raja to IPL final07:50 PM | 15 Oct, 2021
- UK lawmaker David Amess stabbed to death in his own constituency07:23 PM | 15 Oct, 2021
- Ban on new domestic gas connections imposed across Pakistan06:43 PM | 15 Oct, 2021
- Punjab launches crackdown against sugar mills’ owners06:27 PM | 15 Oct, 2021
- Mehwish Hayat expresses love for Jennifer Lopez04:20 PM | 15 Oct, 2021
- Alizeh Shah's gorgeous bridal shoot wins hearts03:27 PM | 15 Oct, 2021
- Man creates Guinness World Record for balancing 735 eggs on a hat03:50 PM | 15 Oct, 2021