Ex-PM requests court for permanent exemption from appearance in NAB case
Accountability court Judge Arshad Malik had summoned Gilani in connection with the case after the National Accountability Bureau (NAB) Rawalpindi earlier this month filed a reference against the former premier over the misuse of authority.
In its reference filed in the accountability court of Rawalpindi, the accountability watchdog had accused Gilani and chairman of Pakistan Electronic Media Regulatory Authority (Pemra) Saleem Baig of misusing authority in approving a tender to Inam Akbar regarding the USF (Universal Service Fund).
NAB summons Yousaf Raza Gillani in USF case 03:23 PM | 7 Sep, 2018
ISLAMABAD - Former prime minister Yousuf Raza Gilani has been summoned by the National Accountability Bureau (NAB) on ...
As the hearing went underway, the PPP leader said that the contract awarded for Ministry of Information and Technology’s advertisement was in compliance with PEPRA (Public Procurement Regulatory Authority) rules.
"I am also appearing before Karachi courts in four different cases," he further said.
The hearing of the case was then adjourned till October 22.
- IHC CJ directs Rana Shamim to submit written reply, original ...12:20 PM | 30 Nov, 2021
- PTA grants license to Select Technologies11:35 AM | 30 Nov, 2021
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...11:25 AM | 30 Nov, 2021
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 30 November 202111:11 AM | 30 Nov, 2021
- Punjab Governor Ch Sarwar criticises own govt for failing to ...11:04 AM | 30 Nov, 2021
- Hania Aamir spotted enjoying Asim Azhar's concert in Karachi06:21 PM | 29 Nov, 2021
- Juvaria Abbasi and Anoushey Abbasi's mother passes away05:30 PM | 29 Nov, 2021
- Bakhtawar Bhutto Zardari shares new adorable photo with son Mir Hakim04:45 PM | 29 Nov, 2021