Ex-PM requests court for permanent exemption from appearance in NAB case
Accountability court Judge Arshad Malik had summoned Gilani in connection with the case after the National Accountability Bureau (NAB) Rawalpindi earlier this month filed a reference against the former premier over the misuse of authority.
In its reference filed in the accountability court of Rawalpindi, the accountability watchdog had accused Gilani and chairman of Pakistan Electronic Media Regulatory Authority (Pemra) Saleem Baig of misusing authority in approving a tender to Inam Akbar regarding the USF (Universal Service Fund).
NAB summons Yousaf Raza Gillani in USF case 03:23 PM | 7 Sep, 2018
ISLAMABAD - Former prime minister Yousuf Raza Gilani has been summoned by the National Accountability Bureau (NAB) on ...
As the hearing went underway, the PPP leader said that the contract awarded for Ministry of Information and Technology’s advertisement was in compliance with PEPRA (Public Procurement Regulatory Authority) rules.
"I am also appearing before Karachi courts in four different cases," he further said.
The hearing of the case was then adjourned till October 22.
- Pakistan reports drop in COVID cases with 893 new infections09:37 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...09:13 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Petrol price crosses Rs137 per litre as govt announces new rates08:55 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 16 October 202108:38 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Saba Qamar drops the first look from upcoming project 'Serial Killer'04:47 PM | 15 Oct, 2021
- Mehwish Hayat expresses love for Jennifer Lopez04:20 PM | 15 Oct, 2021
- Alizeh Shah's gorgeous bridal shoot wins hearts03:27 PM | 15 Oct, 2021