Iran jails 3 including British woman for spying for Israel
Anousheh Ashouri, a woman with British and Iranian citizenship, was found guilty of feeding information to Israel 's Mossad spy agency and handed 10 years in jail, judiciary spokesman Gholamhossein Esmaili said.
A spokesman for Britain's foreign ministry said: "We have been supporting the family of a British-Iranian dual national... and our Embassy in Tehran continues to request consular access.
Ali Johari, an Iranian national, also got 10 years for various espionage offences, including "widespread connections with Mossad ... and meeting with various elements linked to the Zionists," Esmaili said, quoted by the judiciary's website.
Johari allegedly passed on information about construction projects by a Revolutionary Guard-affiliated construction conglomerate, Khatam al-Anbia.
Iran announces arrests, death sentences as CIA ... 05:23 PM | 22 Jul, 2019
TEHRAN – Iranian intelligence has uncovered a spy network working for the US Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) on the ...
The third identified by Esmaili was British Council worker Aras Amiri, who was actually jailed for 10 years in May after allegedly spying on cultural activities in Iran .
- Pakistan's rank drops by three spots in global corruption index04:20 PM | 23 Jan, 2020
- Pakistan conducts successful training launch of ballistic missile ...03:14 PM | 23 Jan, 2020
- Weinstein rape trial opens with clashing portrayals of ex-Hollywood ...01:31 PM | 23 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019