At least 10 injured as violent clash erupts in Faisalabad
According to reports, tension escalated in Tandlianwala Market after MPA Jaffer Ali’s brother exchanged harsh words with the traders over a land dispute.
Soon after the skirmish, the shop owners staged a protest and shut down their shops. The chairman of the area, associated with ruling PML-N, tried to calm the traders down and convince them to reopen the shops, but to no avail.
Faisalabad, also termed as Manchester of Pakistan for its trade activities, has political stalwarts as its representatives.
Provincial law minister Rana Sana Ullah and Minister of State for Water and Power Abid Sher Ali also hail from the same city.
- Lower Dir’s civil judge suspended for allegedly raping woman10:09 PM | 27 Nov, 2021
- PIA announces to operate 35 weekly flights to Saudi Arabia09:40 PM | 27 Nov, 2021
- Pakistan to take new census next year for 2023 general election09:18 PM | 27 Nov, 2021
- Two soldiers martyred during crossfire with terrorists in North ...08:26 PM | 27 Nov, 2021
- Abrar Ul Haq comes under fire for sharing video of young girl making ...07:32 PM | 27 Nov, 2021
- Shoaib Malik and Sania Mirza launch their customised fragrance07:00 PM | 27 Nov, 2021
- Malala Yousafzai’s family celebrates her Oxford graduation04:30 PM | 27 Nov, 2021