Blue Homeland 2019: Turkey kicks off its largest ever naval drills
As many as 13 frigates, six corvettes, 16 assault boats, seven submarines, seven mine hunting vessels and 14 patrol boats, as well as other vessels, will take part in the drills, the Anadolu news agency specified.
The four-day exercise, dubbed Blue Homeland 2019, is coordinated by the war center command of the Turkish Naval Forces.
The drill was planned six months in advance in line with NATO rules and regulations.
The drill is coordinated by the Naval War Center Command and will last through March 2.
Last week, the Israeli Navy's entire fleet of missile boats and submarines and all of its naval commandos took part in a large-scale tw-days exercise in a wide swath of the Mediterranean Sea running parallel to the Israeli coast from Haifa to Ashdod.
- 38 years of fame: Green-eyed Afghan girl from famous magazine cover ...12:20 AM | 27 Nov, 2021
- Lt Gen Nigar Johar becomes first woman colonel commandant of Pakistan ...11:18 PM | 26 Nov, 2021
- US President Biden invites PM Imran to virtual summit on democracy10:56 PM | 26 Nov, 2021
- Karachi Zoo director removed after rare white lion dies of negligence09:52 PM | 26 Nov, 2021
- Punjab governor meets members of Scottish Parliament09:26 PM | 26 Nov, 2021
- Pakistani stars heartbroken after rare white lion dies at Karachi Zoo05:22 PM | 26 Nov, 2021
- Latest video of TikTok star Alishbah Anjum’s takes the internet by ...03:57 PM | 26 Nov, 2021
- Hania Aamir's new dance video goes viral03:22 PM | 26 Nov, 2021