PAF shoots down two Indian fighter jets inside Pakistani airspace; 1 pilot killed in IoK, another captured alive by troops in AJK
An Indian pilot was believed to have died after his plane went down into flames inside Budgam area of Indian Occupied Kashmir, while one Wing Commander Abhi Nandan was captured alive by Pakistan troops on the ground in the Azad Kashmir region.
In response to PAF strikes this morning as released by MoFA, IAF crossed LOC. PAF shot down two Indian aircrafts inside Pakistani airspace. One of the aircraft fell inside AJ&K while other fell inside IOK. One Indian pilot arrested by troops on ground while two in the area.— DG ISPR (@OfficialDGISPR) February 27, 2019
There is only one pilot under Pakistan Army’s custody. Wing Comd Abhi Nandan is being treated as per norms of military ethics. pic.twitter.com/8IQ5BPhLj2— DG ISPR (@OfficialDGISPR) February 27, 2019
The retaliatory act comes after Pakistan warned India of a "surprise" on Tuesday in the wake of Indian military aircraft's intrusion into Pakistani airspace.
The downing of Indian aircraft was confirmed by Foreign Office in a statement in Islamabad. However, FO spokesperson Dr Mohammad Faisal said this was not a retaliation to continued Indian belligerence.
#Pakistanstrikesback #PAF undertook strikes across LoC from Pakistani airspace. Sole purpose of this action was to demonstrate our right, will and capability for self defence. We do not wish to escalate but are fully prepared if forced into that paradigm#PakistanZindabad— Spokesperson 🇵🇰 MoFA (@ForeignOfficePk) February 27, 2019
“The sole purpose of strikes was to demonstrate our right, will and capability for self defence,” he wrote in a tweet.
Pakistan has no intention of escalation, but are fully prepared to do so if forced into that paradigm, the spokesman said, adding that “we undertook the action with clear warning and in broad daylight”.
For the last few years, according to the foreign office, India had been trying to establish what they call a 'new normal' a thinly veiled term for doing acts of aggression at whatever pretext they wish on a given day. “If India is striking at so called terrorist backers without a shred of evidence, we also retain reciprocal rights to retaliate against elements that enjoy Indian patronage while carrying out acts of terror in Pakistan.”
He went on to say that “we do not wish to go to that route and wish that India gives peace a chance and to resolve issues like a mature democratic nation.”
At least 6 Pakistani civilians dead, 11 wounded ... 11:39 PM | 26 Feb, 2019
SIALKOT - India's border forces resorted to heavy fire along the Line of Control (LoC), leaving at least six civilians ...
Earlier today, six citizens died after Indian forces once again violated the LoC by resorting to unprovoked mortar shelling. The civilian casualties took place in Kotli village in Nakyal sector of LoC.
Three of a family were among those martyred in the Indian firing. A woman was martyred in Indian unprovoked firing in Khoi Rata sector of the LoC while a citizen was critically injured in the LoC violation in Abbaspur sector.
- Pakistan records decline in Covid-19 with 1,531 new cases in a day09:57 AM | 15 May, 2021
- Currency Exchange Rates in Pakistan today - 2021-May-15-Updated 10:00 ...09:36 AM | 15 May, 2021
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 15 May 202109:06 AM | 15 May, 2021
- Pakistan marks Palestine Day as Israeli forces escalate fight with ...01:57 AM | 15 May, 2021
- Pakistani FM discusses Israeli attacks on Al-Aqsa, Gaza with ...11:22 PM | 14 May, 2021
- Salman Khan's Radhe creates Bollywood history08:26 PM | 14 May, 2021
- Eid Mubarak – Katrina Kaif, Kangana Ranaut, Disha Patani & more ...04:30 PM | 14 May, 2021
- In Pictures: A look at how Pakistani stars are celebrating Eid-ul-Fitr11:12 AM | 14 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021
- 10 Tips for Success during the Last Ashra of Ramadan08:26 PM | 7 May, 2021
- Stars who have insured their body parts07:06 PM | 4 May, 2021
- Best-dressed Stars at Oscars Red Carpet 202105:52 PM | 2 May, 2021