You can marry yourself, it's called 'sologamy'
It is said that the secret to a happy marriage is finding the right person, but what if you yourself are the right person?
Well, according to "sologamists", you can tie the knot with your own self and make commitments of love, respect, and care to yourself.
Yes, it sounds bizarre but it actually is becoming a trend now among some people. One of these sologamists is Erika Anderson.
Sologamists like Erika Anderson, throw on a white gown, invite their close friends and family and marry themselves in a legally non-binding way.
“I would describe it as women saying yes to themselves,” Anderson, 37, told WUSA9. “It means that we are enough, even if we are not partnered with someone else.
"You're worth it!" added the feminist.
Anderson tied the knot to herself in New York City and advocates for the self-marriage lifestyle.
"Anderson said she grew tired of people asking why she was still single. So, in front of family and friends she married herself," notes WUSA9.
The trend has grown within the United States and has even gone international.
A site looking to make a few bucks on sad feminists called IMarriedMe.com offers a kit to assist you in planning your own wedding ceremony, "self-wedding" rings and daily self-affirmation cards.
"A self-wedding is a symbolic ceremony — about reconnecting and staying connected with you. Wear the ring to remind you every day to LOVE YOURSELF," says the site.
- India’s Rahul Gandhi tests positive for COVID-1908:34 PM | 20 Apr, 2021
- TLP protests come to an end as Parliament votes on French ...08:10 PM | 20 Apr, 2021
- Pakistan to procure 2m Covid-19 vaccine doses from China07:15 PM | 20 Apr, 2021
- Ex-Pemra chairman Absar Alam injured in Islamabad gun attack07:10 PM | 20 Apr, 2021
- PML-N’s Abbasi threatens NA Speaker to hit with a shoe in war of ...06:38 PM | 20 Apr, 2021
- Ertugrul star Engin Altan flaunts his surfing skills in new viral ...03:29 PM | 20 Apr, 2021
- Umer Sharif’s birthday bash hosted by Nida and Yasir02:55 PM | 20 Apr, 2021
- Pakistani passport still fourth-worst for international travel in 202110:31 AM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021: Pakistan issues new guidelines to stem third Covid wave12:15 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Ten Stars who were Student Athletes04:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2021