You can marry yourself, it's called 'sologamy'
It is said that the secret to a happy marriage is finding the right person, but what if you yourself are the right person?
Well, according to "sologamists", you can tie the knot with your own self and make commitments of love, respect, and care to yourself.
Yes, it sounds bizarre but it actually is becoming a trend now among some people. One of these sologamists is Erika Anderson.
Sologamists like Erika Anderson, throw on a white gown, invite their close friends and family and marry themselves in a legally non-binding way.
“I would describe it as women saying yes to themselves,” Anderson, 37, told WUSA9. “It means that we are enough, even if we are not partnered with someone else.
"You're worth it!" added the feminist.
Anderson tied the knot to herself in New York City and advocates for the self-marriage lifestyle.
"Anderson said she grew tired of people asking why she was still single. So, in front of family and friends she married herself," notes WUSA9.
The trend has grown within the United States and has even gone international.
A site looking to make a few bucks on sad feminists called IMarriedMe.com offers a kit to assist you in planning your own wedding ceremony, "self-wedding" rings and daily self-affirmation cards.
"A self-wedding is a symbolic ceremony — about reconnecting and staying connected with you. Wear the ring to remind you every day to LOVE YOURSELF," says the site.
- Pakistani athlete Najma Parveen finishes last in Tokyo Olympics11:38 PM | 2 Aug, 2021
- Aamir Liaquat spotted rebuking Karachi traffic cop publicly in viral ...11:24 PM | 2 Aug, 2021
- UK court tells Pakistan's NAB to pay billions to Broadsheet by Aug 1310:16 PM | 2 Aug, 2021
- Falak takes Sarah on shopping spree (VIDEO)09:00 PM | 2 Aug, 2021
- Prince Charming - Mahira Khan's first look from upcoming webseries ...05:50 PM | 2 Aug, 2021
- Sharmila Faruqui lashes out at Ayeza Khan’s controversial scene ...05:21 PM | 2 Aug, 2021
- Stars who used apps to find love08:02 PM | 24 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021