NAB summons Shehbaz Sharif in Punjab Power Company corruption case
The PML-N chief has been directed to appear before the joint investigation team in NAB Lahore office on August 20 and answer the questions during the interrogation period.
Shehbaz had last appeared before NAB earlier in July regarding a probe pertaining to alleged corruption in the Punjab Power Company (PPC) and the Saaf Pani Company (SPC). The anti-graft body had summoned the former CM on July 5 but Sharif had requested the bureau to allow him to appear a day earlier due to personal commitments.
The PML-N president had been summoned by the anti-graft bureau as he was accused of misusing authority during his term as the Punjab’s chief-executive.
After Shehbaz failed to appear before the anti-graft bureau, the NAB had asked the police to produce him before the bureau.
Previously, the ex-CM skipped two NAB hearing in cases pertaining to the irregularities in the Saaf Pani Company and Ashiana Housing scams.
- Gold price jumps Rs700 per tola in Pakistan10:22 PM | 20 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan revises up 2020-21 economic growth rate at 5.37%09:50 PM | 20 Jan, 2022
- U19 World Cup: Pakistan set 240-run target for Afghanistan08:46 PM | 20 Jan, 2022
- ‘Bismillah’ – Sharmila Faruqui files cybercrime complaint ...06:49 PM | 20 Jan, 2022
- 'Kana Yaari' – Coke Studio's hijabi rapper Eva B wins hearts07:31 PM | 20 Jan, 2022
- Who has scored most runs in Pakistan Super League? Here’s list of ...01:52 PM | 15 Jan, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in world's most powerful passport list in ...11:27 AM | 13 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan’s Top News Moments of 202110:47 PM | 31 Dec, 2021
- Famous Figures We Lost in 202107:03 PM | 31 Dec, 2021