Govt bars local bodies representatives from election campaign
According to a notification issued here, the provincial government said the participation of the representatives in election campaign would be a violation of the code of conduct of the Election Commission of Pakistan.
"Legal action will be taken against those who violate the ECP code of conduct," the notification added.
The caretaker set up also barred district councillors, municipal committee members and UC chairmen from taking part in any political activity or election campaign for general election 2018.
The notification stated the ban had been imposed to ensure transparent and impartial polls scheduled on July 25.
ECP's Code of Conduct
The electoral body has warned that the permission granted to international observatory missions can be cancelled if the code of conduct is violated.
According to the code of conduct, international observers and foreign media are required to submit an affidavit to cover the cut-throat elections scheduled for July 25.
“Observers shall respect the sovereignty of Pakistan as well as fundamental rights and freedom of its people,” asserts the code of conduct.
It further calls that political impartiality shall be maintained by observers and media at all costs while observing the election and shall not exhibit any bias or preference with regard to political parties and candidates as well as any issue related to the process of election
Additionally, international observers and media have also been barred from including personal opinions in official reports.
However, it allows assigned officials from observer organisations to pass personal comments on the election process.
ECP also clarified that observers and media persons cannot stay in the country after their visa expires.
- Shehbaz Sharif, son Hamza released from Lahore jail on parole04:23 PM | 27 Nov, 2020
- FM Qureshi discusses Islamophobia, Kashmir situation with OIC ...03:08 PM | 27 Nov, 2020
- Indian Navy's MiG-29K crashes into Arabian Sea, pilot missing12:32 PM | 27 Nov, 2020
- No, Ataullah Esakhailvi is not dead!11:59 PM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Urwa Hocane's father responds to 'separation' with Farhan Saeed07:25 PM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Nabeel Zuberi takes lead role in Aulaad05:29 PM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Three games run better on Xbox Series X compared to PS509:56 AM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Celebs turning 60 in 202007:48 PM | 24 Nov, 2020
- 10 Richest Actresses of All Time09:20 PM | 23 Nov, 2020
- Karachi among 10 cheapest cities to live in 202006:12 PM | 19 Nov, 2020