PPP's Murad Ali Shah re-elected CM Sindh
KARACHI - Murad Ali Shah was elected as 33rd Chief Minister of Sindh after he won the elections for the top slot of the province on Thursday.
Shah, a candidate of Pakistan Peoples Party, defeated Shahryar Mahar who was the candidate of joint opposition comprising Muttahida Qaumi Movement-Pakistan, Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) and others.
Shah secured 97 votes in the election while Mahar managed to clinch 61 votes; the results were announced by Speaker Agha Siraj Durrani.
Murad Ali Shah, whose father also served as the Chief Minister of the province, also served as the provincial chief executive during the previous tenure of the PPP after he replaced Qaim Ali Shah.
Pakistan Peoples Party is in power in the province from 2008 and this is the third consecutive tenure of the party. Currently, it holds 97 seats in the House.
Sindh Assembly Speaker
Agha Siraj Durrani, the nominee of PPP for the slot of Speaker Sindh Assembly was sworn in on Wednesday after he secured 96 votes through secret ballot and defeated his rival Javed Hanif who clinched 59 votes.
Durrani has been elected to the house for the second consecutive term as Pakistan peoples Party enjoys a landslide majority in te provincial house.
- Pakistan’s mediation between Iran, Saudi Arabia making progress: PM ...01:51 PM | 4 Aug, 2020
- COAS Bajwa interacts with senior serving, retired military officers ...12:32 PM | 4 Aug, 2020
- World Bank announces new Country Director for Pakistan11:51 AM | 4 Aug, 2020
- From Acting to ‘Action!’: Saba Qamar to make directorial debut ...05:32 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Nothing Like Everything: Ayyan Ali announces first-ever music album04:56 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Filmmakers around the world take to part in Iran’s Resistance Film ...10:27 AM | 3 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020