NAB cleared PML-N leader 13 days before arrest in Saaf Pani scam
NAB had cleared Raja on June 11 and issued him a clearance certificate which he attached with his nomination papers submitted to Returning Officer to contest the polls for PP-10.
However, 13 days later, the Bureau arrested him just after the PML-N fielded Raja to contest general elections against Chaudhary Nisar Ali Khan from NA-59.
The PML-N leadership has termed Raja's arrest as political victimization to sabotage the election campaign.
Saaf Pani scam: NAB arrests PML-N candidate ... 09:29 PM | 25 Jun, 2018
RAWALPINDI - The National Accountability Bureau (NAB) on Monday arrested two former officials, Wasim Ajmal and ...
Earlier this week, the NAB arrested Qamarul Islam Raja and Wasim Ajmal, both former officials of the Saaf Pani Company, in a corruption scam.
An accountability court on Tuesday approved a 14-day physical remand of both the accused.
Raja is accused of having awarded contracts for 84 water treatment plants at a higher price. His predecessor Ajmal is also accused in the case.
As the hearing went underway on Tuesday, Islam’s lawyer contended that the proceedings against his client were based on merely the basis of allegations.
Saaf Pani case: PML-N candidate facing Ch Nisar ... 02:45 PM | 26 Jun, 2018
ISLAMABAD - An accountability court on Tuesday approved a 14-day physical remand of Engineer Qamarul Islam ...
His defence lawyer further said that NAB neither had evidence against my client nor was a complaint against my client with the anti-graft body.
The court further ordered NAB to present the accused on July 9 again.
PSPC is one among 56 companies formed by the chief minister. Chairperson NAB Justice (retd) Javed Iqbal had ordered an inquiry into complaints of embezzlement in these companies. Besides, the Supreme Court of Pakistan had also taken notice regarding PSPC and provision of clean drinking water.
Two weeks ago, during the proceedings before the court, the officers of the Punjab government had conceded that at least Rs4 billion had been spent so far but PSPC had yet to produce a single drop of clean drinking water
NAB serves third notice on Shehbaz Sharif in Saaf ... 10:54 AM | 27 Jun, 2018
LAHORE - The National Accountability Bureau (NAB) Lahore has sent the third notice to PML-N President Shahbaz Sharif ...
These companies are accused of certain irregularities, recruitment in violation of procurement rules and merit, nepotism, and non-completion of various projects on time.
National Accountability Bureau (NAB) Lahore has summoned Chief Minister Punjab Shahbaz Sharif in Saaf Pani Company corruption case on July 05.
The National Accountability Bureau (NAB) Lahore has sent the third notice to PML-N President Shahbaz Sharif in the Saaf Pani Company Project scandal after he failed to appear before the anti-graft buster team twice.
- #JusticeforChuck – Protest against animal abuse, killings in Lahore ...07:02 PM | 23 Jan, 2021
- WATCH – Foodpanda riders and KFC staff brawl goes viral06:27 PM | 23 Jan, 2021
- PM Imran terms Shaukat Khanum hospital in Karachi biggest, most ...06:09 PM | 23 Jan, 2021
- Indian farmers reject BJP-led govt’s offer to suspend controversial ...05:56 PM | 23 Jan, 2021
- Bakhtawar-Mahmood's wedding guest count revealed04:21 PM | 23 Jan, 2021
- Aamir Liaquat’s spouse Tuba sizzles in new photoshoot03:44 PM | 23 Jan, 2021
- Jamal Shah awarded France's Ordre des Arts et des Lettres02:55 PM | 23 Jan, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- Here's how world leaders responded to Biden's inauguration as POTUS07:24 PM | 21 Jan, 2021
- Stars who turned down plastic surgery07:32 PM | 17 Jan, 2021
- Stars who dated in the past11:38 PM | 5 Jan, 2021