Seven death row inmates executed in Punjab, Balochistan jails
In Lahore’s Kot Lakhpat jail, two convicts were hanged. Prisoner Abdul Khaliq had been convicted of murdering a woman in factory area, while convict Shahzad was also found guilty of committing a murder.
Naseer Ahmed, a convict was executed in District Jail Gujrat, after he was guilty of killing a person over an argument in 2002. Another prisoner, Faisal Mehmood was also hanged in the same jail after having committed a murder in 1999.
In District Jail Vehari, another two prisoners were executed. Prisoner Abdul Sattar was found guilty of killing a 13-year-old girl after raping her in 1997. Convict Sanaullah had committed the same on an 11-year-old girl in 2001.
Death row convict Khan Mohammad was hanged in Mach Jail after he was found guilty of committing the murder of his brother as well as nephew in 2004.
Meanwhile the execution of two prisoners in Multan was halted.
- Gold price surges by Rs50 per tola in Pakistan10:54 PM | 17 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan successfully completes trial of Chinese herbal medicine for ...10:30 PM | 17 Jan, 2022
- U19 World Cup: Pakistan set 316-run target for Zimbabwe09:47 PM | 17 Jan, 2022
- Kazakhstan ambassador meets COAS Bajwa, hails Pakistan’s role in ...09:22 PM | 17 Jan, 2022
- Nora Fatehi flaunts her ultra glam look in latest clicks05:34 PM | 17 Jan, 2022
- Sania Mirza all praise for the lovely bond between Anushka Sharma and ...07:30 PM | 17 Jan, 2022
- Ayesha Omar spotted enjoying vacations in Dubai04:53 PM | 17 Jan, 2022
- Who has scored most runs in Pakistan Super League? Here’s list of ...01:52 PM | 15 Jan, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in world's most powerful passport list in ...11:27 AM | 13 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan’s Top News Moments of 202110:47 PM | 31 Dec, 2021
- Famous Figures We Lost in 202107:03 PM | 31 Dec, 2021