Pakistan’s gold import surges by 21.34pc in 10 months
On the other hand, overall metal group imports also increased by 11.47 percent to $3.361 billion in the first 10 months of current fiscal year, up from $3.015 billion in same period last year, according to the latest data published by the Pakistan Bureau of Statistics (PBS).
The import of iron and steel scrap also witnessed an increase of 2.8 percent from $847.587 million last year to $871.335 million during the current year.
Similarly iron and steel import increased from $1.487 billion last year to $1.654 billion this year, marking an increase of 11.17 percent.
The import of aluminum, both wrought and worked, jumped by 35.12 percent to $158.173 million in July April (2015-16) from $117.063 million during July April (2014-15).
- YES — Sonia Naz becomes Pakistan’s first transgender person to ...01:36 AM | 18 May, 2021
- Pakistani companies come forward to develop Reko Diq gold, copper ...10:59 PM | 17 May, 2021
- Pakistan’s Faisal Edhi seeks Palestine visa amid Israeli bombardment10:53 PM | 17 May, 2021
- CSS exam lays bare FPSC fault lines yet again10:12 PM | 17 May, 2021
- Miss Mexico Andrea Meza crowned Miss Universe 202105:43 PM | 17 May, 2021
- #JusticeForZuhaMalik trends after TikToker shares videos of torture ...06:22 PM | 17 May, 2021
- Katrina Kaif sends birthday greetings to rumoured boyfriend Vicky ...04:14 PM | 17 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021
- 10 Tips for Success during the Last Ashra of Ramadan08:26 PM | 7 May, 2021
- Stars who have insured their body parts07:06 PM | 4 May, 2021
- Best-dressed Stars at Oscars Red Carpet 202105:52 PM | 2 May, 2021