Emphasized on saving electricity but no one bothered, says disgruntled Asif
In an interview to BBC, the minister admitted that the government focused more on inauguration of new power plants and to apprise people about these.
“I emphasized on saving electricity but nobody cared. We (ruling party) want public to know regularly that a new plant is being inaugurated”, minister added.
“Around 3000 MW to 4000 MW of electricity would be saved if public uses electricity in a rightful manner instead of squandering it. Unfortunately, no attention is paid to this issue,” asserted Asif.
The legislator vowed to put an end to the loadshedding in the country however said that it would continue in areas with reports of electricity-theft.
To a question regarding debt recoveries, Asif responded that ministry had collected Rs27 billion from Sindh whereas there existed no issue with Punjab and Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (K-P) in this regard.
“However, issue of debt recovery exists with Balochistan,” he added.
The PML-N stalwart claimed that ruling party had paid Rs480 billion in terms of circular debts as it assumed office but it had soared to Rs360 billion once again.
It bears mentioning that the federal government had announced zero loadshedding during Sehar and Iftar timings for the holy month starting Sunday.
- Pakistani fans excited but were Ms. Marvel scenes really shot in ...08:59 PM | 3 Jul, 2022
- Search operation under way for missing French paraglider in Gilgit ...08:25 PM | 3 Jul, 2022
- Hassan Ali’s adorable birthday celebration with wife goes viral04:49 PM | 3 Jul, 2022
- Komal Baig blessed with a baby boy04:13 PM | 3 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022
- 42 Pakistani universities make it to Times Higher Education Asia ...07:52 PM | 1 Jun, 2022
- Four Pakistanis make it to Forbes 30 Under 30 Asia List 202209:53 PM | 28 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022