Interior minister orders release of farmers arrested in Islamabad
The police arrested 180 farmers on Friday during the demonstration against the government policies for agriculture sector.
The capital police used force when protesting farmers under the banner of Pakistan Kisan Ittehad led by opposition leader Syed Khursheed Shah started marching towards the Parliament, on the day the government is set to unveil the budget for the next fiscal year.
A section the of Metro bus was also shut down following the protest that was intensified as soon as police used tear gas to disperse the mob.
The farmers opined that the budget recommendations were not fully implemented and the policies were devised by individuals having no knowledge of agriculture sector.
Seeking a relief in the upcoming budget, the farmer protested that they were not able to save much for themselves due to expensive fertilisers.
- PTI leader Haleem Adil Sheikh detained from hotel in Lahore09:24 AM | 6 Jul, 2022
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...08:56 AM | 6 Jul, 2022
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan – 06 July 202208:43 AM | 6 Jul, 2022
- Mahira Khan, Fahad Mustafa dance their hearts out as they promote ...12:21 AM | 6 Jul, 2022
- Most-followed TikToker is a practicing Muslim and ‘Hafiz-e-Quran’09:40 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Ahmed Ali Butt’s new video with Mahira Khan and Fahad Mustafa wins ...07:10 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani celebrities who are performing Hajj 202210:16 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022
- 42 Pakistani universities make it to Times Higher Education Asia ...07:52 PM | 1 Jun, 2022