Pakistan approaches International Court of Justice for Indus Water Treaty implementation
A delegation of the Government of Pakistan led by the Attorney General for Pakistan, Mr. Ashtar Ausaf Ali, met with senior officials of the World Bank at the World Bank Headquarters in Washington DC, USA to discuss matters relating to Pakistan’s recent request for arbitration given to India pursuant to Article IX of the Indus Waters Treaty, 1960.
The Indus Waters Treaty, 1960 was negotiated by India and Pakistan under the auspices of the World Bank after India started interfering with the waters flowing downstream by stopping waters on rivers Ravi and Sutlej from 1 April 1948. The Treaty gives India complete rights to usage of waters of the Eastern Rivers (Ravi, Sutlej and Beas) and gives Pakistan the rights over Western Rivers (Indus, Jhelum and Chenab) with limited allowance of use of water by India from the western rivers for purposes of, among others, power generation.
- UK court tells Pakistan's NAB to pay billions to Broadsheet by Aug 1310:16 PM | 2 Aug, 2021
- Sindh SHOs permitted to take action against Covid SOPs’ violations08:45 PM | 2 Aug, 2021
- Pakistan to become mobile phones’ exporter by 2022, says Razak ...08:17 PM | 2 Aug, 2021
- Prince Charming - Mahira Khan's first look from upcoming webseries ...05:50 PM | 2 Aug, 2021
- Sharmila Faruqui lashes out at Ayeza Khan’s controversial scene ...05:21 PM | 2 Aug, 2021
- Shahroz Sabzwari shares his two cents regarding Sadaf Kanwal's item ...04:34 PM | 2 Aug, 2021
- Stars who used apps to find love08:02 PM | 24 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021