Sirbaz Khan set to become first Pakistani climber to summit 9 eight-thousander peaks
ISLAMABAD – Pakistani mountaineer Sirbaz Khan is currently on its way to conquer Dhaulagiri peak, the seventh tallest mountain in the world, in Nepal.
Khan, who hails from Gilgit-Baltistan, is expected to reach the summit of the peak (8,167 meters) in two days. With the success in the expedition, he will become the first Pakistani to climb 9 eight-thousanders. Fourteen mountain peaks stand taller than 8,000 meters.
So far, 44 climbers from across the world have conquered all the 14 eight-thousanders but there is no Pakistani among them.
Sirbaz Khan started his expedition on Sunday and managed to reach the base camp-II at the heigh of 6,000 feet. He would resume climbing tomorrow after reviewing the weather situation.
The eight-thousanders summited by Sirbaz Khan include Mount Everest, K-2, Broad Peak, Nanga Parbat, Annapurna, Manaslu, Gasherbrum and another one.
19-year-old Shehroze Kashif becomes youngest ... 11:24 AM | 25 Sep, 2021
ISLAMABAD – Young Pakistani mountaineer Shehroze Kashif, who summit Everest and K2 this year, has achieved ...
- Saudi Arabia pumps $3 billion into SBP reserves to support Pakistan ...12:20 AM | 27 Oct, 2021
- Indian Muslim teacher sacked for ‘celebrating’ Pakistan’s ...11:05 PM | 26 Oct, 2021
- Samsung Electronics kicks off ‘Samsung Week’ with exceptional ...10:42 PM | 26 Oct, 2021
- PAKvNZ: Asif, Malik guide Pakistan to seal 5-wicket victory against ...10:15 PM | 26 Oct, 2021
- Shaista Lodhi all set to become the new face of PTV's morning show04:59 PM | 26 Oct, 2021
- Birthday wishes pour in as Faysal Quraishi turns 4804:29 PM | 26 Oct, 2021
- Minal Khan shares glimpses of her Nathia Gali trip with Ahsan Mohsin ...06:00 PM | 26 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021