Lahore’s GC University teacher found guilty of sexually harassing female students
LAHORE - A teacher of Government College University (GCU) has been found guilty of sexually harassing female students by a fact-finding committee, local media reported.
The matter was probed by the university after a female member of the Old Ravian Facebook group shared screenshots of messages and shirtless pictures of a teacher of the Physics Department and accused him of failing her and her friends repeatedly and harassing them.
She had also alleged that the teacher used to force the students to attend his video call, adding that a student decided to expose him and took screenshots in which he was shirtless and apparently drunk.
GCU Vice Chancellor Prof Dr Asghar Zaidi took notice of the incident and formed a committee to probe the allegation after receiving a complaint in July 2020.
The committee has submitted its report on Thursday with its finding that the accused teacher was involved in sending indecent messages to students and making video calls in inappropriate dress.
The report now will be sent to the anti harassment committee to recommend penalty for the teacher.
- Suzuki likely to unveil 9th Generation Alto this year11:48 PM | 19 Sep, 2020
- Pakistan to create tech-based farms to promote exports11:04 PM | 19 Sep, 2020
- Pakistan’s UN envoy Munir intensified efforts to accomplish ...09:57 PM | 19 Sep, 2020
- PAMI elects Prof Dr. Chaudhry Abdul Rehman as new president08:50 PM | 19 Sep, 2020
- Queen Elizabeth strips disgraced Harvey Weinstein of top royal honour02:43 PM | 19 Sep, 2020
- Asim Abbasi apologises for copying French artist Malika Favre's work ...02:30 PM | 19 Sep, 2020
- Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy roped in to co-direct a Marvel film01:48 PM | 19 Sep, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020