SHC orders Sindh govt not to remove A.D Khawaja as I.G
Through a stay order, the court directed the provincial government not to take any action against the police official till January 12 and issued notices to federal and provincial governments in this regard.
According to a notification issued by the provincial government on December 19, Mushtaq Ahmed Mehar, an officer of Police Service of Pakistan, Additional Inspector General of Police, was allowed to look-after the charge of the post of Inspector General of Police in addition to his own duties, during Allah Dino Khawaja's "leave".
It may be mentioned here that the federal government had removed IG Ghulam Haider Jamali on November 12 and appointed Khawaja in his place following a Supreme Court directive. However, in an abrupt development the Sindh government reportedly sent A.D Khawaja on forced leave before the arrival of PPP Co-Chairman Asif Ali Zardari.
- Pakistan FM discusses Palestine issue with Chinese counterpart amid ...10:42 PM | 15 May, 2021
- UAE’s Etihad, flydubai airlines cancel flights to Israel amid ...09:23 PM | 15 May, 2021
- Israel destroys another Gaza building housing offices of Al Jazeera, ...07:52 PM | 15 May, 2021
- Bollywood diva Madhuri Dixit turns 5404:47 PM | 15 May, 2021
- Here's what your favourite stars wore on Eid-ul-Fitr11:51 AM | 15 May, 2021
- ‘Uncle Sargam’ — Renowned columnist, TV artist Farooq Qaiser ...09:19 PM | 14 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021
- 10 Tips for Success during the Last Ashra of Ramadan08:26 PM | 7 May, 2021
- Stars who have insured their body parts07:06 PM | 4 May, 2021
- Best-dressed Stars at Oscars Red Carpet 202105:52 PM | 2 May, 2021