Farhan Ali Agha takes first step into politics with PTI
KARACHI – Pakistani actor Farhan Ali Agha announced on Monday that he had joined the ruling Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI).
The 45-year-old actor said: "The PTI needs honest and good people in its fold, I am joining the PTI under the leadership of Prime Minister Imran Khan."
Agha said that Pakistan was passing through a difficult phase at the moment, adding that it was the best time to use the PTI's platform to achieve something commendable for Pakistan.
"This is my first step into politics. However, the love I hold for this country is quite old," he said. "We will take Pakistan forward, [the PTI] considers it a mission to serve the masses," the actor added.
Farhan became a household name in the 1990s when he starred in several drama serials following a successful stint as a model.
He has starred in many famous Pakistani drama serials, such as Sadqay Tumhare, Deemak, and Tere Baghair.
- Ace Junior League inaugural match tees off today04:26 PM | 2 Oct, 2022
- ‘Khalistan-Pakistan Zindabad’ slogans in Aam Admi Party ...04:03 PM | 2 Oct, 2022
- Pakistan issues fresh travel advisory for domestic, international ...03:22 PM | 2 Oct, 2022
- SBA, Korean Consul-General focuses on Sharjah’s ‘Guest of ...03:00 PM | 2 Oct, 2022
- At least 174 dead, hundreds injured amid deadly stampede at ...02:15 PM | 2 Oct, 2022
- Inside Ali Fazal and Richa Chadha’s vibrant Mehandi, Sangeet ...11:28 AM | 2 Oct, 2022
- Did Feroze Khan refuse to pay Rs200,000 child support to ex-wife?11:05 PM | 1 Oct, 2022
- Bollywood actress Rani Mukerji set to release her autobiography04:48 PM | 1 Oct, 2022
- Pakistan, India lose ranking on UN’s human development index07:32 PM | 10 Sep, 2022
- Movies lineup for 2022-23 in Pakistan08:01 PM | 1 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani passport ranked 4th worst on list of 19911:59 PM | 23 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022