Pakistan calls int’l community over illegal detention of Kashmiri leaders
ISLAMABAD – Pakistan on Monday has expressed deep concerns over the detention of Kashmiri leaders and demanded the international community to take notice of the Indian government’s atrocious treatment.
Pakistan's Foreign Affairs spokesperson Zahid Hafeez Chaudhri said in a statement, “Pakistan is deeply concerned over the continued incarceration and deteriorating health conditions of Kashmiri leaders including founding leader of Kashmiri organization “Dukhtaran-i-Millat” and the “Iron Lady of Kashmir”, Ms Asiya Andrabi; leader and founder of the Jammu & Kashmir Democratic Freedom Party, Mr Shabbir Ahmed Shah; and prominent leaders such as Mr Yasin Malik; Masarat Alam Bhat; Mohammad Ashraf Sehraie and others, who have been languishing under squalid conditions in the midst of the Covid-19 pandemic in infamous Tihar and other jails.”
“Many other senior Kashmiri leaders including Syed Ali Shah Geelani and Mirwaiz Umar Farooq remain under house arrest. These Kashmiri leaders have been illegally arrested over malicious, false and fabricated charges by the Indian Government through invoking draconian laws promulgated in Indian Illegally Occupied Jammu & Kashmir (IIOJK)”, he added.
Military probe finds Indian army captain guilty ... 10:54 AM | 27 Dec, 2020
SHOPIAN – An army officer of the rank of a captain along with two others have been found guilty for killing three ...
While slamming the Indian government over extreme mindset, Foreign office spokesperson said Imprisonment and torturing of Kashmiri leaders on the basis of their political ideology and struggle against illegal Indian occupation is a true reflection of the extremist mindset of the RSS-BJP regime which has no respect for the human rights of the Kashmiri people.
Pakistan urges the world particularly the United Nations, ICRC and humanitarian organizations, to take notice of the BJP-led government inhuman treatment and raise its voice for their immediate release from illegal Indian detention.
Indian troops killed 291 Kashmiris during 16 ... 04:30 PM | 6 Dec, 2020
ISLAMABAD – The unrelenting military siege in the Indian Illegally Occupied Jammu and Kashmir (IIOJ&K), ...
- Ishaq Dar sworn in as Pakistan's new Finance Minister09:49 AM | 28 Sep, 2022
- Naseem Shah hospitalised as his health deteriorates09:24 AM | 28 Sep, 2022
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...08:44 AM | 28 Sep, 2022
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan – 28 September 202208:24 AM | 28 Sep, 2022
- Ali Fazal and Richa Chadha's wedding to see Hollywood celebrities in ...11:51 PM | 27 Sep, 2022
- Malala 'so grateful' to husband for holding her hand and awards09:15 PM | 27 Sep, 2022
- Hrithik Roshan and Saif Ali Khan groove to 'Alcoholiya'11:32 PM | 27 Sep, 2022
- Bushra Ansari faces criticism for receiving anti-aging treatment10:07 PM | 27 Sep, 2022
- Pakistan, India lose ranking on UN’s human development index07:32 PM | 10 Sep, 2022
- Movies lineup for 2022-23 in Pakistan08:01 PM | 1 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani passport ranked 4th worst on list of 19911:59 PM | 23 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022