Power shortfall down to 3000 MWs
In a statement issued to media the official told that currently 12,500 MWs of electricity were required and the production was increased to 9,500 MWs. This increased production was recorded after the annual cleaning process of water canals and head works ended, said official.
“Currently waster run power plants are producing 2000 MWs whereas 1720 MWs and 5830 MWs electricity is being generated through thermal power plants and Independent Power Plants (IPPs) respectively”, quoted NTDC.
The repairing process at Gaddu Power Plant is under way and will be completed by evening, added the officials.
- Pakistan extends Benazir Kafalat Programme to transgender community11:17 PM | 3 Dec, 2022
- Security forces kill terrorist commander in North Waziristan10:50 PM | 3 Dec, 2022
- Iqra Aziz has the sweetest birthday wish for Yasir Hussain10:25 PM | 3 Dec, 2022
- Emirati themed Jazz and Opera concerts captivate visitors to ...09:59 PM | 3 Dec, 2022
- 'Mastermind' of Sidhu Moose Wala’s murder detained in USA07:56 PM | 3 Dec, 2022
- Armeena Khan claps back at haters trolling her for her maternity ...09:22 PM | 3 Dec, 2022
- Karachi among world’s least expensive cities in new report09:30 PM | 2 Dec, 2022
- Timeline of Pakistan Army Generals during country’s 75 year-long ...10:28 AM | 29 Nov, 2022
- Only two Pakistani universities make it to Asia’s top 10003:15 PM | 10 Nov, 2022
- Pakistanis named among 'The World's Most Influential 500 Muslims'10:16 PM | 2 Nov, 2022