Schedule for local govt election in Punjab, Sindh deferred
The ECP said that the new dates will be announced after the next hearing of the Supreme Court.
According to details, the Election Commission has filed a petition in the Supreme Court requesting the permission to issue the schedule on August 17 instead of July 28 because the even the delimitations haven’t completed yet.
The ECP further pleaded that the Returning Officers are busy in relief and rehabilitation work after the floods. It further said that even nomination papers could not be prepared because of loopholes in Sindh Local Government laws.
The ECP said that the new dates can only be given after the next hearing in the Supreme Court. Earlier in ECP meeting, the members had recommended of deferring the schedule.
- US jury finds ex-cop Derek Chauvin guilty of murder in George Floyd ...03:15 AM | 21 Apr, 2021
- Ban on TLP will remain intact despite peace deal, says Fawad01:13 AM | 21 Apr, 2021
- Indian politicians using stray dogs to spread election messages in UP12:49 AM | 21 Apr, 2021
- PAKvZIM – Trophy unveiled ahead of first T20 clash (VIDEO)11:42 PM | 20 Apr, 2021
- PM Imran wishes India’s Manmohan Singh speedy recovery from COVID-1911:00 PM | 20 Apr, 2021
- Ertugrul star Engin Altan flaunts his surfing skills in new viral ...03:29 PM | 20 Apr, 2021
- Umer Sharif’s birthday bash hosted by Nida and Yasir02:55 PM | 20 Apr, 2021
- Pakistani passport still fourth-worst for international travel in 202110:31 AM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021: Pakistan issues new guidelines to stem third Covid wave12:15 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Ten Stars who were Student Athletes04:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2021