The shocking things many Egyptian women do to their husbands at home
According to Egyptian news website cairoscene.com, which ran a story last week based on a report in Arabic news site Sada El Balad News, the statistics confirmed that that 28 per cent of Egyptian women have beaten their husbands, once or on a regular basis. Out of that percentage, 66 per cent later filed for divorce or annulment.
The statistics also revealed information about the items women used to beat their husbands, which included slippers, sharp weapons, belts, needles, utensils.
The report in cairoscene.com also claimed that some women even drugged their husbands, before beating them to ensure they did not resist.
According to the report, the percentage of women who beat their husbands is 23 per cent in the United States, 17 per cent in the U.K., and 11 per cent in India - making Egyptian women number one in terms of spousal abuse anywhere in the world.
Egyptian women, however, do not have it as good as some of these figures may suggest. In 2013, Amnesty International's study in Egypt showed 47% of women had experienced some form domestic violence.
- T20 World Cup: Curtis Campher shines as Ireland beat Netherlands11:45 PM | 18 Oct, 2021
- Five Saudi cadets graduate from Pakistan Air Force Academy11:27 PM | 18 Oct, 2021
- PM Imran to visit Saudi Arabia this week10:34 PM | 18 Oct, 2021
- DG ISI briefs COAS Bajwa on internal security, Afghanistan08:37 PM | 18 Oct, 2021
- Atif Aslam pays tribute to late Farhad Humayun with iconic song06:00 PM | 18 Oct, 2021
- Ertugrul star Esra Bilgic in search of Pakistani NGOs05:00 PM | 18 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021