NAB in action, calls emergency meeting
Earlier today, the apex court ordered NAB to file references against Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif, his son-in-law Captain Safdar, Finance Minister Ishaq Dar, and the premier’s daughter Maryam Safdar within six weeks while disqualifying the premier.
Directors, prosecutor general and director general of NAB have been summoned in the meeting. The prosecutor general will reportedly brief the participants on the matter.
The top court ordered the NAB to file references against Sharif family members on the basis of the material collected and referred to by the Joint Investigating Team (JIT) in its report and such other material as may be available with the Federal Investigation Agency (FIA) and NAB.
“In case the Accountability Court finds any deed, document or affidavit filed by or on behalf of the respondent(s) or any other person(s) to be fake, false, forged or fabricated, it shall take appropriate action against the concerned person in accordance with the law,” the court ordered.
- Rabia Butt reveals why she has not tied the knot yet07:30 PM | 27 May, 2022
- TikToker Dolly's bail plea in forest fire case dismissed by Islamabad ...06:09 PM | 27 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in most powerful passport list in 2022? ...08:37 PM | 5 Apr, 2022
- International Women's Day - Pakistani women who made a mark globally!09:55 PM | 8 Mar, 2022
- ‘Hybrid regime’: Pakistan among worst nations on EIU's Democracy ...01:22 PM | 12 Feb, 2022