Pakistan strongly condemns terrorist attack on Afghan VP candidate’s office
The Foreign Office, in a statement, said Pakistan condemned terrorism in all its forms and manifestations. “Pakistan fully supports the democratic process in Afghanistan. We stand with our Afghan brothers and sisters in their efforts to restore complete peace in the country through an inclusive Afghan-led and Afghan-owned process,” it added.
Pakistan fully supports the democratic process in Afghanistan. We stand with our Afghan brothers and sisters in their efforts to restore complete peace in the country through an inclusive Afghan-led and Afghan-owned process— Spokesperson 🇵🇰 MoFA (@ForeignOfficePk) July 28, 2019
At least two people were killed and 25 others wounded earlier today after Saleh's political office was hit by a large explosion and stormed by unknown attackers.
The Reuters news agency reported Saleh was hit by shrapnel before being safely evacuated from the office. Photographs shared by a government official showed Saleh sitting in a garden with bloodstains on his right arm. He was surrounded by security guards.
Ferdous Faramarz, a spokesman for Kabul's police chief, said the explosion was likely a suicide car bomb and the gunfight was still ongoing after the assailants stormed the building following the blast.
Health Ministry spokesman Wahidullah Mayar said at least two people were killed and 25 wounded.
No group immediately claimed responsibility, but both the Taliban and the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL) have carried out attacks in the past in Kabul.
Saleh is an uncompromising opponent of the Taliban and other hardline groups. President Ashraf Ghani, Saleh and more than a dozen other Afghan politicians launched their presidential campaign on Sunday.
My brother, true son of the Afghan soil and first VP candidate of my electoral team, @AmrullahSaleh2 has survived a complex attack by enemies of the state. We are relieved and thank the almighty that attack has failed.— Ashraf Ghani (@ashrafghani) July 28, 2019
Ghani said in a tweet: "My brother, true son of the Afghan soil and first VP candidate of my electoral team, Amrullah Saleh has survived a complex attack by enemies of the state. We are relieved and thank the almighty that the attack has failed."
- Pakistan observes World Tourism Day with focus on rural development11:38 PM | 27 Sep, 2020
- Hindus demand Pakistan take India to ICJ over Jodhpur killings10:05 PM | 27 Sep, 2020
- Pakistan backs Azerbaijan, says Armenia must stop its military action09:33 PM | 27 Sep, 2020
- Faisalabad Police committee to probe Talal Chaudhary attack08:57 PM | 27 Sep, 2020
- Microsoft buys Bethesda for $7.5 billion08:18 PM | 27 Sep, 2020
- 5 Ways to Define and Enhance Your Eyes While Wearing a Face Mask06:55 PM | 27 Sep, 2020
- ‘I don’t consume narcotics nor promote consumption of any such ...05:22 PM | 26 Sep, 2020
- Sajal Aly and Janhvi Kapoor send each other love on Instagram03:11 PM | 26 Sep, 2020
- Pakistan terms Kashmir, Palestine disputes as UN's most long-standing ...11:18 AM | 22 Sep, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020