Pepsi to pour $1.2 billion into Pakistan
Pepsi planned to make “a further investment of $1.2 billion” in next five years, Khan’s office said on Wednesday, after the company’s chief executive for Asia, Middle East and North Africa, Mike Spanos, led a Pepsi delegation that met Khan.
Another beverage brand, Coca Cola that has a $500 million business already in Pakistan also pledged a planned $200m investment in the coming two to three years, Khan’s office added in a separate statement on Tuesday.
Coca Cola to invest $200m in Pakistan 11:26 PM | 27 Nov, 2018
ISLAMABAD - Renowned beverage brand Coca-Cola Turkey will invest $200 million dollars in Pakistan, in addition to its ...
Khan, who assumed power in August, has inherited a wobbly economy reeling from a ballooning current account deficit, which has prompted the government to seek loans from allies China and Saudi Arabia, as well as enter bailout talks with the International Monetary Fund (IMF).
But many consumer companies see Pakistan, the world’s sixth most populous country, as a hot consumer market due to its fast-growing population of 208 million people.
During the meeting, the premier expressed that foreign investment in the country will create more job opportunities and will promote industrialization and will result in more revenue collections.
اسلام آباد:وزیراعظم عمران خان سے کوکاکولا ترکی کے وفد کی ملاقات pic.twitter.com/PcEkWTDY7O— PTV News (@PTVNewsOfficial) November 27, 2018
The Prime Minister assured the delegation of his Government’s complete support and cooperation asserting that the Government will facilitate and extend support to those intending to invest in the country.
The incumbent government is striving hard to bring in investment in the country to deliver on its promises of providing 10 million jobs to the youth over a period of five years.
Meanwhile, Finance Minister Asad Umar expressed that Suzuki was also mulling over investing $450 m to expand car production in Pakistan.
Excellent day from a foreign investment perspective. Global Chairman suzuki motors visited & expressed interest in investing 450 million$ to expand car production in Pak & worlds biggest energy company Exxon mobil re opened there office in Pak 27 years after leaving the country— Asad Umar (@Asad_Umar) November 27, 2018
He also confirmed that ExxonMobil would also open its office in the country after 27 years.
Suzuki to invest $450 million in Pakistan 04:00 PM | 28 Nov, 2018
KARACHI – Suzuki Motor Corporation (SMC) Chairman Osamu Suzuki on Tuesday expressed his interest to invest $450 ...
Pakistan’s economy has been rising in recent years due to a sharp reduction in electricity blackouts and a steep drop in militant attacks, which was a major deterrent to foreign investment. China’s pledge to loan $60 billion in infrastructure spending has also helped growth.
Despite this, growth, which hit 5.8 percent growth in 12 months to end of June, is due to fall below 5 percent in coming years, according to the IMF.
The IMF predicted in October that Pakistan’s growth will slow to 4 percent in 2019 and fall to about 3 percent in the medium term.
- Students of grade 1-12 will be promoted without taking exams: Sindh ...10:52 AM | 1 Jun, 2020
- Pakistan surpasses 72,460 cases of coronavirus – 1,5 43 confirmed ...10:10 AM | 1 Jun, 2020
- Pakistan has cheapest fuel cost in South Asia, says PM Iman11:56 PM | 31 May, 2020
- Two Pakistan High commission officials asked to leave India in 24 ...10:40 PM | 31 May, 2020
- ‘History in Making’ — Pakistani plane flies directly to US for ...10:07 PM | 31 May, 2020
- Raising a daughter is a huge responsibility: Humaima Malick05:08 PM | 30 May, 2020
- Zaira Wasim deactivates social media accounts over trolling03:41 PM | 30 May, 2020
- Kylie Jenner is not a billionaire, says Forbes03:09 PM | 30 May, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020