FBR directed to withdraw tax on widows, pensioners
Widows and pensioners are entitled to theses schemes, which are already exempted from the withholding tax.
The finance minister issued the directions to the Federal Board of Revenue (FBR) while heading a meeting to review the yearly performance of National Savings Organisation.
Dar told the meeting that taxes imposed on these schemes through some legal amendments to the Finance Act were unintentional.
Currently, holders of BSC receive profit at 9.36 percent annually, which was 14 percent during January 2014 to November 2014. The per month profit reduced to Rs780 from Rs1,170 on Rs100,000 deposit during the said period.
Director-General National Savings Zafar Masud apprised the meeting of organisation's performance in different fields, including automation, new products and facilities for customers.
The institution is also considering to issue Rs100,000 denomination bond after the successful launch of Rs40,000 Premium Prize Bond, besides other projects like ‘Shuhada Families Welfare Account,’ Overseas Pakistanis Savings Certificates and Islamic products are in the pipeline.
- Saba Faisal's daughter-in-law posts a cryptic message as family ...03:18 PM | 9 Dec, 2022
- Netizens troll clothing brand for doing photoshoot featuring a model ...02:46 PM | 9 Dec, 2022
- PAKvENG – Debutant Abrar Ahmed takes 7 wickets as England bowled ...02:10 PM | 9 Dec, 2022
- Supreme Court declares Reko Diq mine revival agreement legal01:27 PM | 9 Dec, 2022
- Fajr Sheikh’s workout video goes viral09:05 AM | 9 Dec, 2022
- Ali Zafar suggests practices to subside anxiety11:47 PM | 8 Dec, 2022
- 'Parizaad' famed Ilma Jaffri dazzles fans with gorgeous bridal shoot11:35 PM | 8 Dec, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in world's most powerful passport list? ...10:48 AM | 8 Dec, 2022
- Top 10 most searched people on Google in Pakistan in 202206:07 PM | 7 Dec, 2022
- Pakistan's first female Supreme Court judge earns place in BBC '100 ...01:24 PM | 7 Dec, 2022
- Karachi among world’s least expensive cities in new report09:30 PM | 2 Dec, 2022