Mehwish Hayat confirms portraying Benazir Bhutto in biopic
LAHORE- Mehwish Hayat is undoubtedly one of the finest actresses of our industry and now the Load Wedding star is all set to portray Benazir Bhutto in a biopic . Hayat has been reading up on Bhutto to gear up for the role.
In an interview with BBC Urdu, Hayat revealed that the biopic is "being written right now, it'll take some time, but I cannot wait to play [Benazir Bhutto]. I've been reading up about her and the more I read, the more I get inspired... The world needs to see her story."
"This is the story of a hero. Benazir Bhutto is a hero to me and I love that woman. Her story is so inspirational to me. It's important that this generation and the generations ahead see her contributions, her struggles and her progress. She was the first woman [to be] Prime Minister."
Talking about the role, Hayat claimed it to be a "complicated" and "difficult" one.
View this post on Instagram
"We have broken glass ceilings, we have broken the stereotypes, and we have been and continue to be prepared to go the extra mile, to be judged by unrealistic standards, to be held more accountable." Today would have been Mohtarma Benazir Bhutto's 65th birthday. It is an ideal time to reflect on her undoubted achievements. I have never really been a political person but leaving that aside there is no denying the great strides she made for women's empowerment and equality in our country - everything we are still fighting for even today. There was a time when she made women believe that almost anything was possible - she gave us hope and inspired us to reach for the stars. I am privileged to have been given the opportunity to research and learn more about her life and sitting here I can only reflect on so much more that could have been had she not lost her life so tragically. The sign of a true leader is the legacy they leave behind and the reverence with which the people remember her irrespective of party allegiances. She was a truly remarkable woman and I look forward to giving life to her story soon. ☑️ #MH #MehwishHayat #lostinreality
Talking about the role, Hayat claimed it to be a "complicated" and "difficult" one. The actor also revealed that she will soon make an appearance on the small screen for a drama as well, her last being Dil Lagi(2016).
"There's a limited number of people who go to the cinema to see a film. Dramas are more accessible, they have the biggest audience."
Addressing her recent contributions to charity organisations and speaking up for just causes, saying, "In this day and age, being an actor is is not enough. You need to use the voice Allah has blessed you with and the power your position has given you towards important causes. that can ring betterment to your society, your country and the world."
"We do bring up important messages and social issues in our films while entertaining the audience but that can't be all there is to our work. We need to raise our voices for the crucial issues, be they social or political."
This year has been full of accomplishments for the Chhalawa star. She made it to the list of top five Muslim women changing the world by international publication Muslim Vibe. Two months ago, Hayat also received the Pride of Performance in Norway and was was appointed the Muslim charity Penny Appeal’s brand ambassador.
Have more to add to the story?Comment below and stay tuned for more updates!
- Pakistan censures extremist mindset of Indian general11:53 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- Lahore journalist remanded into FIA custody over anti-state social ...11:27 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- NETSOL technologies to ring Nasdaq closing bell on Jan 2108:56 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- Senate body approves bill to curb international organized crimes08:13 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- TLP unrest: Khadim Rizvi's brother, nephew among 86 awarded ...08:07 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- Malala biopic director admits he still receives death threats03:39 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- Prince Harry makes first public appearance since royal split03:24 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- Birthday girl Sajal Aly gets heartwarming message from Ahad Raza's mom03:06 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019