PM Imran lays foundation-stone of Baba Guru Nanak University in Nankana Sahib
NANKANA SAHIB, Punjab - Prime Minister Imran Khan on Monday laid the foundation-stone of Baba Guru Nanak University, to be constructed at an area of 107 acres in Nankana Sahib.
The prime minister unveiled the plaque to mark ground-breaking at a ceremony attended by Governor Punjab Chaudhry Sarwar, Chief Minister Usman Buzdar, Interior Minister Brig (retd) Ijaz Ahmed Shah, Special Assistant to PM on Information and Broadcasting Dr Firdous Ashiq Awan.
The Government of Punjab has released initial funds for the construction of university which will comprise academic blocks for various disciplines and also hotels for accommodation of students.
The step is in connection with the 550th birth anniversary celebrations of the founder of Sikh religion Baba Guru Nanak next month.
More info to follow...
- Govt to spend more than Rs30b on higher education this year, says ...11:57 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Youth-led projects showcased in Student Leaders Conference08:41 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Infinix, CarlCare join hands with M&P to provide unmatched after-sale ...08:26 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Mehwish Hayat says Pervez Musharraf deserves a chance to be heard02:30 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Kate Middleton thanks Maheen Khan with sweet note02:06 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Humayun Saeed shares an all smile picture with brothers01:39 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019
- Azadi March: Chaudhry brothers active for compromise talks as Fazl ...12:08 AM | 5 Nov, 2019
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019