Three injured after unprovoked firing by Indian troops along LoC
RAWALPINDI - Three people were injured after being hit by Indian shelling from across the Line of Control (LoC) on Monday.
According to the Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR), the Indian troops' unprovoked fire in Bagsar Sector targetted the civilian population.
The innocent civilians including a woman are residents of Village Mendika, Teh Samani District Bhimber got injured in the incident.
Tensions between the two neighbouring countries raised high after New Delhi revoked Article 370 which recognised occupied Kashmir as a special territory.
Last week, Indian troops resorted to unprovoked firing in Jura, Shahkot and Nousehri sectors along the LoC.
Indian forces used mortars and artillery to intentionally target civilians in these sectors, which resulted in martyrdom of five civilians and one Pakistan Army solider. Some houses, shops and vehicles were also damaged. Pakistan’s border troops responded befittingly and killed nine Indian soldiers besides destroying two bunkers.
- Pakistan’s mediation between Iran, Saudi Arabia making progress: PM ...01:51 PM | 4 Aug, 2020
- COAS Bajwa interacts with senior serving, retired military officers ...12:32 PM | 4 Aug, 2020
- World Bank announces new Country Director for Pakistan11:51 AM | 4 Aug, 2020
- From Acting to ‘Action!’: Saba Qamar to make directorial debut ...05:32 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Nothing Like Everything: Ayyan Ali announces first-ever music album04:56 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Filmmakers around the world take to part in Iran’s Resistance Film ...10:27 AM | 3 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020