JUI-F leader among 3 killed, 17 injured in Chaman blast
QUETTA – At least three people, including Maulana Muhammmad Hanif of Jamiat-e-Ulema-e-Islam (JUI-F), have died while 17 others received injuries in an explosion on Taj Road in Balochistan 's Chaman , police said Saturday afternoon.
The injured were taken to Quetta city for medical treatment, said the police who have cordoned off the area.
According to the police, explosives were planted in a motorcycle.
The blast, targetting the senior JUI-F leader, was so loud that it shattered the window panes of nearby buildings and was heard in far off areas.
Further investigation is underway.
This is a developing story and will be updated soon.
- Iran ready to talks with Saudi Arabia, Gulf countries: Javad Zarif12:02 AM | 19 Jan, 2020
- Imran Khan discusses digital media with youth at PM House09:59 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- AJK snowfall: Neelum, Leepa, Bhedi declared calamity-hit areas09:50 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- FO summons Indian diplomat to reject mischievous portrayal of ...08:58 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- FM Qureshi reaches Qatar after conclusion of successful US visit08:51 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- Jonas Brothers drop new video featuring their wives02:38 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- Ahmed Ali Butt shares a star-studded selfie and we love it!01:47 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- 60-year-old held for swindling men online using niece’s picture01:30 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019