JUI-F leader among 3 killed, 17 injured in Chaman blast
QUETTA – At least three people, including Maulana Muhammmad Hanif of Jamiat-e-Ulema-e-Islam (JUI-F), have died while 17 others received injuries in an explosion on Taj Road in Balochistan's Chaman, police said Saturday afternoon.
The injured were taken to Quetta city for medical treatment, said the police who have cordoned off the area.
According to the police, explosives were planted in a motorcycle.
The blast, targetting the senior JUI-F leader, was so loud that it shattered the window panes of nearby buildings and was heard in far off areas.
Further investigation is underway.
This is a developing story and will be updated soon.
- Govt will ensure Pakistan fulfills its enormous maritime potential, ...01:22 PM | 15 Aug, 2020
- Private schools in KP reopened after five months closure12:14 PM | 15 Aug, 2020
- Toshakhana reference: Nawaz challenges NAB's summoning in IHC11:37 AM | 15 Aug, 2020
- COAS, Bill Gates discuss Pakistan's Covid-19 response, resumption of ...10:59 AM | 15 Aug, 2020
- Momina Mustehsan, Muneeb Butt call out Kangana Ranaut for spreading ...05:43 PM | 14 Aug, 2020
- FIR lodged against Saba Qamar and Bilal Saeed05:09 PM | 14 Aug, 2020
- Abida Parveen, Ali Zafar and Humayun Saeed among others honoured ...04:39 PM | 14 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020