FM Qureshi briefs New Zealand Deputy PM about IOJ&K situation
ISLAMABAD - Foreign Minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi made a telephone call to New Zealand (NZ) Deputy Prime Minister Winston Peters on Thursday and discussed with him gross human rights violations in occupied Kashmir and the deteriorating security situation in the region.
The foreign minister apprised the NZ Deputy Prime Minister that India abolished the special status of occupied Kashmir through a unilateral step on 5th August 2019 in contravention to the UN Security Council resolutions on the issue.
Shah Mahmood Qureshi said the unarmed people of occupied Kashmir have been facing curfew, which has caused a shortage of food and medicines there.
He said there is a complete blockade of communication means so that the world could not know the facts on the ground in occupied Kashmir.
The minister said that the reports of the foreign media and international human rights organizations are pointing out at an emerging humanitarian crisis.
Expressing concern over the situation in occupied Kashmir, the New Zealand Deputy Prime Minister said we are closely observing the situation.
He said New Zealand is also receiving information about occupied Kashmir from the Kashmiri community in New Zealand, and his country will continue playing its positive role in this regard.
- COAS satisfied over LEA’s coherent response for peace in Karachi12:05 AM | 3 Jul, 2020
- India, China agree to cool down tension along LAC after Galwan clash10:58 PM | 2 Jul, 2020
- India approves purchase of Russian fighter jets amid border stand-off ...10:32 PM | 2 Jul, 2020
- Pakistan Stock Exchange sets up fund for attack victims10:26 PM | 2 Jul, 2020
- At least 126 jade miners buried in Myanmar landslide10:11 PM | 2 Jul, 2020
- Aamir Khan's home staff contract coronavirus01:32 PM | 1 Jul, 2020
- Mehwish Hayat writes a heartwarming birthday wish for filmmaker Uzma ...12:57 PM | 1 Jul, 2020
- Samra Raza Mir to release a new song soon12:36 PM | 1 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020