Former NY mayor, Trump adviser wants GPS-tracking of some Muslims
NEW YORK - Rudy Giuliani, former Mayor of New York city and informal adviser to the Donald Trump campaign on terrorism and national security, said that the United States government should put electronic monitoring tags on Muslims who are on federal government's watch list.
He said monitoring Muslims on the terror list would be an excellent idea and that people should know if someone was on the terror list, since there was always a strong reason behind their inclusion.
Various countries have adopted electronic tags as a way to monitor potential terrorists, Giuliani said, adding that Trump could also adopt the same strategy, if elected President.
Former head of the national counter-terrorism security office, Chris Phillips called the idea ridiculous and said one of the attackers in the killing of the 89-year-old priest in Normandy was also fitted with an electronic tag and allowed only to leave the house between 8.30am and 12.30pm but was still able to commit the murder.
He added that it was impossible to monitor all the people on the terror watch list.
The United States terror watch list, which Giuliani initially proposed, has been quite controversial for its very broad criteria for adding new individuals.
- Three Pakistan soldiers martyred in Balochistan terrorist attack09:49 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- UAE moves to third stage of COVID-19 vaccine trials09:46 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- Pakistan stands by Turkey against FETO threat, Imran tells Erdogan09:29 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- UAE’s Covid-19 vaccine enters final testing stage09:25 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- Pakistani university announces fee waiver for Spring semester amid ...09:18 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- Asim and I share a bond beyond anyone’s comprehension: Hania Amir05:22 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- Hadiqa Kiani releases song to pay tribute to Kashmiri Martyrs12:38 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- Nadia Jamil updates her fans about her recovery after chemo12:13 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020