Former NY mayor, Trump adviser wants GPS-tracking of some Muslims
He said monitoring Muslims on the terror list would be an excellent idea and that people should know if someone was on the terror list, since there was always a strong reason behind their inclusion.
Various countries have adopted electronic tags as a way to monitor potential terrorists, Giuliani said, adding that Trump could also adopt the same strategy, if elected President.
Former head of the national counter-terrorism security office, Chris Phillips called the idea ridiculous and said one of the attackers in the killing of the 89-year-old priest in Normandy was also fitted with an electronic tag and allowed only to leave the house between 8.30am and 12.30pm but was still able to commit the murder.
He added that it was impossible to monitor all the people on the terror watch list.
The United States terror watch list, which Giuliani initially proposed, has been quite controversial for its very broad criteria for adding new individuals.
- Nora Fatehi, Jacqueline Fernandez summoned again in money laundering ...11:30 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- Maryam Nawaz reveals name of her speech writer10:45 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- PDM announces anti-government protests over rising inflation, poverty10:01 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- Hindu extremists force Muslim girl to take off hijab in India (VIDEO)09:36 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- T20 World Cup 2021 – Bangladesh opt to field first against Scotland07:52 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- Watch: Trailer of ‘The Batman’ is out now07:42 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- Ayeza Khan’s new dance video goes viral05:43 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- Aryan Khan vows to make NCB proud after getting out of jail05:27 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021