Senate unanimously approves Cyber Crime Bill
While addressing the Senate, Minister of State of Information Technology and Telecommunication Anusha Rehman said that rules shall be introduced to ensure that state institutions did not misuse the Bill.
The bill will now go back to the National Assembly where the proposed amendments will be discussed by members.
Some of the major amendments include:
Convicts under the bill will have 30 days to appeal their sentences in a high court.
The implementation of the law will also be reviewed by relevant authorities twice a year to weed out problems.
PEMRA licenses, including TV and radio stations, do not fall under the ambit of this law.
- Russia to host Pakistan, China and US for crucial Afghanistan talks ...06:06 PM | 15 Oct, 2021
- Pakistan announces public holiday on Oct 19 to mark Eid Milad-un-Nabi05:47 PM | 15 Oct, 2021
- Turkish woman confirmed as the world's tallest living woman05:35 PM | 15 Oct, 2021
- HBL continues its strong business momentum in Q3 2021; Profit rises ...05:18 PM | 15 Oct, 2021
- With a power-packed Unisoc T610 Performance, realme C21Y now ...05:05 PM | 15 Oct, 2021
- Mehwish Hayat expresses love for Jennifer Lopez04:20 PM | 15 Oct, 2021
- Alizeh Shah's gorgeous bridal shoot wins hearts03:27 PM | 15 Oct, 2021
- Man creates Guinness World Record for balancing 735 eggs on a hat03:50 PM | 15 Oct, 2021