"I will not be part of any Ramzan transmission," Hamza Ali Abbasi bids farewell to Ramzan shows
The 32-year-old controversial actor said in a brief Facebook status that he will not be part of any Ramzan transmission.
"Because the only reason I did Ramzan transmission before was to highlight real issues we face and to talk against oppression and injustice I see around me (and got banned for it)," the actor added.
Abbasi also took a jibe at media for not picking up the real issues that the actor wanted to discuss in Ramzan. "It seems like our media is not ready to talk about things that I want to talk about."
Last year, Hamza Ali Abbasi had landed himself in hot waters after calling for equal rights for the country’s minority Ahmadiyya community during his Live show on AAJ TV and was also facing death threats after questioning Pakistan’s laws regarding the community.
During his Ramzan show on Pakistan’s AAJ TV, Hamza Ali Abbasi said “I want to say on Live TV that I will be discussing two things on the last day of Ramzan: One will be the Ahmadi community and the other will be the Blasphemy Law.”
- Pakistan PM Imran Khan addresses special UNGA session (VIDEO)01:49 AM | 4 Dec, 2020
- Five Pakistani cricketers nominated for ICC’s ODI team of the decade11:21 PM | 3 Dec, 2020
- Pakistan condemns assassination of top Iranian scientist Mohsen ...10:58 PM | 3 Dec, 2020
- Aseefa Bhutto's 'great debut' reminds Pakistan of Benazir08:46 PM | 3 Dec, 2020
- Maya Ali ‘blessed’ to work with Shoaib Mansoor08:09 PM | 3 Dec, 2020
- Three games run better on Xbox Series X compared to PS509:56 AM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Celebs turning 60 in 202007:48 PM | 24 Nov, 2020
- 10 Richest Actresses of All Time09:20 PM | 23 Nov, 2020
- Karachi among 10 cheapest cities to live in 202006:12 PM | 19 Nov, 2020