"I will not be part of any Ramzan transmission," Hamza Ali Abbasi bids farewell to Ramzan shows
The 32-year-old controversial actor said in a brief Facebook status that he will not be part of any Ramzan transmission.
"Because the only reason I did Ramzan transmission before was to highlight real issues we face and to talk against oppression and injustice I see around me (and got banned for it)," the actor added.
Abbasi also took a jibe at media for not picking up the real issues that the actor wanted to discuss in Ramzan. "It seems like our media is not ready to talk about things that I want to talk about."
Last year, Hamza Ali Abbasi had landed himself in hot waters after calling for equal rights for the country’s minority Ahmadiyya community during his Live show on AAJ TV and was also facing death threats after questioning Pakistan’s laws regarding the community.
During his Ramzan show on Pakistan’s AAJ TV, Hamza Ali Abbasi said “I want to say on Live TV that I will be discussing two things on the last day of Ramzan: One will be the Ahmadi community and the other will be the Blasphemy Law.”
- Major university in Islamabad closed down after Covid-19 positive ...11:49 PM | 26 Oct, 2020
- ‘Wedding celebrations’ — Video of Kashmala Tariq dancing to ...11:07 PM | 26 Oct, 2020
- Pakistan to propose March 15 declared as Int’l Day against ...09:26 PM | 26 Oct, 2020
- Punjab decides to raise wheat support price to Rs160008:46 PM | 26 Oct, 2020
- Turkish President Erdogan urges boycott of French products07:49 PM | 26 Oct, 2020
- Undefeated UFC fighter Khabib Nurmagomedov announces retirement after ...10:31 AM | 25 Oct, 2020
- Scarlett Johansson to star in 'Bride' for Apple, A2404:06 PM | 24 Oct, 2020
- IN PICS: Sana Javed, Umair Jaswal share unseen shots of their Nikkah03:08 PM | 24 Oct, 2020
- FIA arrests ‘RAW spy’ involved in target killings, bombings from ...04:14 PM | 25 Oct, 2020
- PM Imran slams France's Macron for deliberately provoking Muslims02:46 PM | 25 Oct, 2020
- 15 men gang-raped, filmed teenage sisters in Punjab02:16 PM | 25 Oct, 2020
- Karachi police chief tests positive for coronavirus01:21 PM | 25 Oct, 2020