Sadpara becomes the only Pakistani mountaineer to scale world’s 7 highest peaks
The peak is located 19 kilometers southeast of Mount Everest, on the border between Nepal and China.
The expedition of Sadpara, a resident of Skardu, was facilitated by Pakistan Army.
Sadpara, 43, has previously climbed all the five 8,000-meter high peaks in Pakistan, including K2 (8,611m), Gasherbrum I (8,080m), Gasherbrum II (8,034m), Nanga Parbat (8,126m) and Broad Peak (8,051m).
Yesterday morning #AliSadpara successfully climbed 8485m #Makalu in #Nepal the 5th highest peak in the world.— The Karakoram Club (@KarakoramClub) May 27, 2019
This makes him the only #Pakistani #mountaineer to have climbed seven #8000ers out of 14 in the world.#himalayas #everest2019 pic.twitter.com/nZSdBg7Rhd
Sadpara is the first Pakistani to have climbed Nanga Parbat in winter on Feb 26, 2016 with Alex Txikon of Spain and Simone Moro from Italy.
He is determined to scale 14 peaks of above 8,000 meters in the world.
Another Mountaineer Mirza Ali Baig from Hunza also became the first Pakistani to scale seven summits in seven continents after successfully climbing Mount Everest on 22 May accomplishing the distinguished accolade.
- Will PM Imran attend SCO heads of government summit hosted by India?09:07 PM | 28 Nov, 2020
- LPL 2020: Shahid Afridi smashes 58 off 23 balls (VIDEO)08:11 PM | 28 Nov, 2020
- Pakistani academic declared ‘threat to public safety’ over ...07:36 PM | 28 Nov, 2020
- Zindagi Tamasha – Pakistan's first Oscar submission04:22 PM | 28 Nov, 2020
- Maryam Nafees tests positive for coronavirus12:01 PM | 28 Nov, 2020
- Google Doodle pays tribute to Bano Qudsia on 92nd birthday11:29 AM | 28 Nov, 2020
- Three games run better on Xbox Series X compared to PS509:56 AM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Celebs turning 60 in 202007:48 PM | 24 Nov, 2020
- 10 Richest Actresses of All Time09:20 PM | 23 Nov, 2020
- Karachi among 10 cheapest cities to live in 202006:12 PM | 19 Nov, 2020