PM Nawaz summons two key ministers in Lahore to discuss Dawn Leaks issue
Sources said that the premier has summoned Finance Minister Ishaq Dar and Interior Minister Chaudhry Nisar to discuss the seemingly growing tension between the civil government and military over the issue.
Punjab Chief Minister Shehbaz Shairf would also attend the meeting to discuss recommendations over the Dawn Leaks.
An article published in the English-language Dawn newspaper in October last year, revealing details of high-level security meeting, had made the army angry and led to the dismissal of then-Information Minister Pervaiz Rashid.
An inquiry was initiated into the matter that led Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif on Saturday issued notification to fire Special Advisor on Foreign Affairs Tariq Fatemi. The PM also ordered action against Principal Information Secretary Rao Tehsin, in this regard.
However, DG ISPR, Major General Asif Ghafoor tweeted: “Notification on Dawn Leak is incomplete and not in line with recommendations by the Inquiry Board. Notification is rejected".
- Pakistan vs Netherlands: First match of ODI series to be played today12:35 AM | 16 Aug, 2022
- Another medal for Pakistan at Islamic Games12:21 AM | 16 Aug, 2022
- Tiger Shroff addresses Disha Patani breakup rumours11:59 PM | 15 Aug, 2022
- Pakistani Hajj pilgrims to receive Rs150,000 in subsidy from tomorrow11:25 PM | 15 Aug, 2022
- Pakistani movie wins award at Indian Film Festival of Melbourne10:51 PM | 15 Aug, 2022
- Nauman Ijaz shows PDA for wife on her birthday09:31 PM | 15 Aug, 2022
- Dananeer Mobeen's vivacious personality comes out in new video09:55 PM | 15 Aug, 2022
- Alia Bhatt gives fans a sneak peek into her adorable babymoon10:25 PM | 15 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani celebrities who are performing Hajj 202210:16 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Films releasing in Pakistan on Eidul Adha 202211:51 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022