Video: Baby in India dies as doctors start fighting during emergency C-section
According to reports, the fight erupted during an emergency C-section on a woman, who was admitted with her foetus in distress, recording low heartbeat. NDTV says the verbal spat broke out after the obstetrician asked if the patient had eaten before the surgery. The anaesthetist tried to get a junior doctor to run some tests on her, which enraged the surgeon.
Although a doctor and a nurse tried to intervene to put an end to the quarrel, the baby could not be saved. The hospital has sacked both doctors from duty and promised to take disciplinary action against them.
The hospital's top medical officer said the baby died of "severe birth asphyxia" or breathing troubles and ruled out any lapse.
"We recorded statements of all the staff present in the operation theatre. As far as the patient is concerned there was no lapse in treatment... The patient was operated within three hours of being admitted," said Dr Ranjana Desai.
"This is condemnable... a violation of OT (operation theatre) discipline," Dr Bhatt commented.
- Pakistan allows AstraZeneca shots for expats under 4009:33 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- Pakistan announces increase in petrol prices09:15 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- COAS Bajwa presides over Formation Commanders’ Conference08:52 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- Sindh earmarks Rs22.8 billion for college education08:22 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- Pakistani mangoes hit Singapore markets07:55 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- Feroze Khan opens up about second marriage04:07 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- Mehwish Hayat wants the Muslim misrepresentation in movies to change05:10 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- Lost Cause - Alizeh Shah is a Billie Eilish fan girl03:21 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021